Saturday, January 5, 2013

This Model Weekend - bikinis and brides

A weekend of still shoots. I think my wheelhouse for modeling is runway, but I was really really excited for the challenge of the still shoot, since you can't rely on your personality, emotion and movements to speak for you. In a still shoot, you have just one chance, everything has to be there, poured into that moment. Hopefully things turn out well!!

Friday night's shoot was for my "SNAPs" with the wonderful Mr. Vince Hollaway (click here for his website) phone = 313-694-4325
I was pretty terrified for this shoot. Five minutes before I left for it, Jr scratched me across the face (MAMA DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE THIS HOUSE) and the suit I had purchased for the shoot didn't have it's tags off of it, and I was hoping it wouldn't look wonky. And also i was hoping my snow-white complexion wouldn't completely fade into the required white SNAPs background. 

 The only photo I had from that shoot was a really grainy phone pic, so instead i thought you would rather see this gorgeous shot of Sophia Loren. LOL.
When I walked into the studio, I saw a model that I knew that was there to do the same shot as myself, and that put me completely at ease, there were other girls there to get photos done and the entire environment was very comfortable and like you were just hanging out in a family living room. It was wonderful. I hope the shots turn out well.

Today I had a "Winter Bride" shoot with the lovely Dino Mangano (click here for his website). We were doing the session at Metro Beach OUTDOORS and it was 23 DEGREES THIS MORNING. Hence the Moon-Boots with the wedding dress. :-)

I also wore my full length fur, THANK GOD I HAVE THAT. omg, i don't know if i would have gotten through the shoot without it.
We were on the beach of Lake St. Clair, I am in JUST THE WEDDING DRESS and stiletto heels, which ARE SINKING INTO THE SNOW AND SAND, trying to actually look pretty and poised, THAT WAS A CHALLENGE!! LOL. I can't wait to see the shots. Dino was so fun and hilarious, and we just had a great time.
I cannot state strongly enough how cold it was. I'm not complaining, all of the raw shots I saw were gorgeous, but it was completely freezing. We would literally go "Ready! Set! GO!" and I would throw the coat to Kelly and jump into my shoes, pose in the arctic weather for about 1 SOLID MINUTE, and then we would cover me with the coat and get the moon boots back on. I had to change necklaces a couple times, and for one of the changes, my hands were so frozen that I could not operate the necklace clasp. #wintermodelgangsta
The makeup for that shoot was done by Kelly L. Mick, phone 586-625-6604. She made me into this lovely *Ice Queen*. In the photos above I don't have any makeup on at all, I had to wait to get into her marvelous hands to get transformed. She was so sweet and nice, I just had such a great time chatting with her and both her and Dino treated me like a Princess. (Even when he made me lay in the snow) hahahah. I loved it. I can't wait to see the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment