Friday, January 11, 2013

Runway Rehearsals! **Mandarendare**

Runway Rehearsals started last night for the **MANDARENDARE** Runway Show at Oakland University Feb 1st!!!

I wore my favie runway rehearsal outfit, dress and leggings so that I could move. I didn't really know what to expect at this rehearsal but I was so pleased and surprised and thrilled.
FIRST OF ALL...
My friend Danae is in the show as well. Which is so fun. Here we are at the "Styles In the City" runway show in November (clothing by Francine Houston)

So **MANDARENDARE** means "A place full of Energy". I love that. This show is to celebrate African-American history month; and to honor the culture, hair and fashions of Africa. 
As a result of this, to my delight, we are not going to do straight regular runway walks. We are going to BE proud, majestic beings FULL OF LIGHT AND LIFE AND MOVEMENT.

I love this stuff. Thank you for letting me get creative. It's so much more fun and easy and normal-feeling for me. It is so difficult for me to try to be some sort of clone. It's hilarious that I was a rower, because I am always going against the grain. 

So for my walk, I'm going to embody the grace of the Panther...


And for my posing, I'm going to replicate the angles of the Acadia trees in the African Savanna. How fun is that? Danae is so great too, she is all 100% all in for this kind of stuff. Her and I are two peas in a pod. We were flipping the hair, bending the arms over the head, shooting invisible arrows. So great. 

Rehearsals and the Show are at Oakland University. Where I actually took quite a few classes, when I was still wanting to go to Medical School. I just love university life, how great is this fraternity poster. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment