Tuesday, January 15, 2013

RDG Field Trip: Royal Oak

Spätzle and I went *old skool* to my former stomping grounds of Royal Oak. I loved living here, we had so much fun. There are such great shops here, I really do miss it. Especially the easy access to amazing vintage stores like, Lost & Found, Paris, The Sal, and Mother Fletcher's in Ferndale. I was Spätzle's first time in this city, and he was really excited to see what it was like. 
Oh yeah, and I was here in search of **CUFF-LINKS** for a certain fancy man. I bought my brother a pair of really cool cuff links in Royal Oak awhile ago, and I thought lightening might strike twice. I knew I would find some really interesting ones here, and with my infatuation with vintage, i thought I would find some awesome, one-of-a-kind Formerly Don Draper owned cuff-links with SWAGGER. 

First Stop: DOLCE MODA

505 South Main Street  Royal Oak, MI 48067
(248) 399-6200

Stonewash and I used to buy a lot of stuff here. My amazing Mackage black jacket is from here. I 
bought a pair of red and black leather pants for Stonewash there, gosh, what a shock that he never 
wore them!? hahah. It has a great mix of things, check it out. 
 Would you like "INSTANT HIPSTER STATUS"? Please select from this array of sunglasses.

These suits? Are you kidding me? The one in the bottom photo  has matching pants as well. I thought, "these suits are kind of useless, because if i ever saw a man in them i would just tear it off, because the suits are so amazing and delicious." I can't stand it. 

This WATCH!!!!! omg! It's freaking wood! But it's modern looking and amazing. I may need to own this. I wonder what the wear and tear would be on this piece though... May not be bulletproof.

THIS SHOE!!!!!! ahhhhh! I love it. it's so great and retro-trainer-y. amazing. 

 this s-h-o-e....... WHOA! I thought Stevo would rock these boots LOUD AND PROUD. Love it.
I did not find any cuff links here, well one pair... but they were awful.

 Next Stop: Incognito

323 South Main Street  Royal Oak, MI 48067
(248) 548-2980

Ohhhh, lawd... Mother and Mary... This brings me back. I remember coming here in high school and salivating over John Fluevog shoes. LOL. omg, so 90s. 

These shoes are so delicious. I love love love them. **GIT ON MY FEET**

We found a PLETHORA of cuff links here! Super Rad Ones!! Check it! 
Love these. Let's play darts.

I love the airplanes.
The Reclining Laydeez??? CLASSIC. Loves it. 

Kind of Stop: Deco Doug

106 W 4th St  Royal Oak, MI 48067
(248) 547-3330

(they weren't open, this was in the window)
Oooooooh, look at these. Super Dad from the Brady Bunch seckzy. I love how they are nestled in the cheetah print fabric. So cozy.

You bet YOUR ASS they better be "genuine tiger eye", i WILL NOT SETTLE FOR LESS. :-)

LAST STOP: Paris

506 S Washington Ave  Royal Oak, MI 48067
(248) 542-9594

 THIS MAN WAS THERE! THIS IS A REAL PHOTO! I am not joking. It was like I **ordered him from the cosmos, and said, "THIS IS WHO I WANT TO BE MANNING THIS AMAZING ARRAY OF VINTAGE CUFF LINKS." I just couldn't believe it. And he had a unique voice. I just am in love with him.

Look at this... FOUR TRAYS of vintage cuff links. I couldn't stop fondling them all one by one. Oh, they were so amazing, like tiny little art pieces. One was actually lacquered butterfly wings, j'adore. I can only imagine the stories behind these cuff links. If I had infinite time I would write a novella for each, individual pair. ahhhh. exhale.

 And then look at their vintage women's clothing selection. SLAP MY FACE.

 and the furs. I mean, that is like a whole woodland's worth of animal pelts in here. omfg. I petted each one. I want all of them. This store is like a dream land.

No comments:

Post a Comment