Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A is for Armani By JC

 Armani is not only a well known fashion house but it's really grown into a global brand.  Georgio Armani & Sergio Galeotti founded the label in 1975 & it's headquarters sits in Milan, Italy (naturally a fashion capital of the world).  Armani creates beautiful couture clothing but also really wearable fashion (Armani Exchange, Armani Emporium, etc.).  I feel like when I think Armani, I think simple but unique and great lines.  It may just be me but I generally associate Armani with black or very neutral colors so you can really focus on the design- this is truly a sign of a talented designer when the clothing gets to speak for itself.  I will say that Armani doesn't totally fit my own personal style but you have to have respect for a designer with this type of staying power and it certainly doesn't hurt they he's raked in over a billion dollars in sales.  It certainly doesn't hurt that Megan Fox & Christiano Renaldo are the current faces of Armani- who doesn't want to looks that smokin' hot??
In the picture below, I just fell in love with the dress- anyone that knows me knows that tulle makes me happy despite my lifelong attempts to avoid becoming a ballerina.  I actually am loving the neutral color on this- I would rock this out with some Brigit Bardot hair.

 Plain black jacket anyone?  Yes please!  This is truly what I see when I think Armani- great lines, simple elegance.

 I wanted to toss in a great suit but I saw this picture and had to represent for Nessa- she would rock this look from head to toe and who wouldn't?  The coat is amazing and it's a look that she pulls off all the time- great defined waist, lovely prints, accessorized just right and great hair/make-up----why is Nessa not the model for this?? (she must have been booked for a conflicting job, that's really all I can come up with...)

Honorable mention: Abed Mahfouz (Lebanese designer)- super glam and the models are actual REAL WOMEN WITH CURVES, what an amazing idea is that??
Love, JC

No comments:

Post a Comment