Thursday, January 31, 2013

Happy birthday Gordie!

My day yesterday started really nicely. I think I slept like 10 hours or so and in the afternoon me and Fanny headed once again to the gym to attend a BodyPump class. I've gone to one of those earlier here in Nice but before that I'd had quite a break so I can definitely feel the effect today. Fortunately I still didn't drop my weights on the bar too low, kept the squat track at 9,5kg per side so 19kg altogether compared to my normal 2*13,5kg. Hopefully I'll get back there soon. Since the moves vary very little from release to another it's much easier to understand than the BodyBalance class for example. After a quick shower and lunch at home it was time to head to French class. The classes are alright but I feel like I'm not learning much even if it is the intermediate group. I'd really like to improve my French here, and it already has when I use it everywhere I go, watch tv, read etc.

Today is my Canadian friend Gordie's 21st birthday so we went out to Wayne's to celebrate him last night. It's the first time I was there that late but the atmosphere was amazing. The place was packed, there was a live band playing good covers and we Finnish gals (Clara, Fanny and me) could actually order ciders. I've never been a beer person so I'm glad that the popularity of cider is growing so I can get it outside Finland too. After the band stopped playing the DJ started to play some more current hits and everyone including yours truely was dancing on the tables. I hear this is normal at Wayne's. Here's a pic of my outfit for last night.

                                    Scarf: Guess
                                    Bag: Chanel
                                    Blouse: Esprit Perfect 10 collection
                                    Pants: Esprit

Today I had no classes so we went to check out the Nike Factory Store just outside Nice with Fanny, Joel and Ziming. They had everything you could imagine and I really needed a running jacket and found one. It was literally a steal. Today we've had such nice weather, +17C and the sun is still shining. I feel like taking a stroll on the promenade and then probably dig into some school stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment