Sunday, January 27, 2013

RDG Field Trip: Fabulous Ferndale

Three houses ago, we lived in SoRo (South Royal Oak). They were the Halcyon Days before the children came along. You know, weekend mornings filled with waiting 3 hours to get into Toast, after we woke up at noon from being out at the Magic Stick til 2am, with the usual post-show pancakes at National til 4am. Cigarettes and Vodka, Garage Rock and Grimy Streets. Laying on our backs on the basketball court in the sunrise hours watching the day awaken, while women of the night walked by on the sidewalk. Calling the cops on teenagers that would be skateboarding down the I-696 off-ramp, only for the kids safety.
 Yesterday I had 2 jobs to do... One casting in Ferndale, then a meeting/photo drop-off in the D, these activities were a couple hours apart, so I thought *oh lawd jesus* YES I'm going to Ferndale to hang out for awhile. When we lived in Royal Oak, we really didn't hang out in R.O. proper. 99% of the time we were in Ferndale. The ambiance matched us much better. Love Howe's Bayou. Love Mother Fletcher's. Love Danny's Irish Pub. Love the WAB on Monday's for 1/2 off food. LOVE Boogie Fever with it's **LIGHT UP** Dance Floor. Such a great town.

I just strolled around 9 mile for awhile. There are SO MANY new restaurants/businesses. That's great, I want to see this city prosper. I remember going to this record store YEARS ago to see *All* play a show, and Bill Stevenson (who i idolized) was talking to me, and then put his foot up on the record rack and Farted SOO LOUD. in front of everyone, it was so awesome.

Mother Fletcher's
210 W 9 Mile Rd  Ferndale, MI 48220(248) 398-4816
You freaking rock my socks off. I'd say a third of my vintage collection is from here. Greatest doors.

This jacket. I think Late 60s/ Early 70s? It has these awesome giant buttons, and these totally rad decorative metal belt loops, but sadly not the belt. if the belt was there, I would have gotten this. What a great color.
This thing was enormous on me, i'm holding it in the back. but that Piping and the front zip-up (which you know I covet) is so amazing. Also, when I'm looking for these dresses, I usually want a print.

Love love love, fit like a glove. Love the peter-pan collar. are you serious? and the sweet psychedelic print. so good. the length is great too. But I just don't wear any high necked dresses, so I don't want it to rot in my closet.
 Another fabulous super thick poly 70s dress. this was a bit long. but it fit so well. and check out that piecing of the fabric across the bust!! It makes your Ta's look perky LIKE A BOWWSSSSS. hahha.
But another high neck, with a mock neck? nah, i don't think I can do that.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????????? Polaroid LAND CAMERA!!?? As opposed to a MARINE Camera? omgomg. I wanted this so bad, but I'm starting to amass these objets du vintage, and esp since I'm finding random weird things in the walls of my house every day, there's probably one of these cameras behind my bathroom wall, *as-we-speak*

No comments:

Post a Comment