Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Met Gala Best Dressed **PUNK: CHAOS TO COUTURE**

 The Met Gala is the SUPERBOWL FOR THE FASHION WORLD. This is where Fashion's Illuminati wear the *best best best* WorldWide Fashion has to offer. So it's always totally awesome.
THIS YEAR... in addition to it just being amazing fashion, the theme was **PUNK!!!** I kid you not. I thought, oh my god, this is going to be the best thing in my life. Because obviously since I was a Punk Rock Girl (still am? I have no idea, I still listen to punk every single day, but I'm a mom of 3 now) I will get to relish in/ make fun of all the Punky efforts. AND yassssss people, it did not disappoint.
Here are my favorites...

1. Cara Delevingne in Burberry
I love this look because she doesn't look like she gives a sh*t, and that's what punk is all about, right? Sienna Miller also wore Burberry spikes, but to me there was no congruency to Sienna's look, and the jacket was just too pristine.  (see Sienna's look here)

2. Coco Rocha in Emanuel Ungaro
Yes, the leopard and the booties make it a little "let's look up 'Punk' in the dictionary and see what it says", but I still like the effort, and her hair and makeup are cool, and I feel like she's bringing some swagger.

3. Donatella Versace in Versace
Donatella, you go with your 58 year old punk rockin ass. Thank you for being one of the most illuminating of the illuminati and still having fun with the theme.... Unlike Anna Wintour. (See Anna's boring look here)

4. Giovanna Battaglia in Dolce & Gabbana
Love Love Love this. But I have the most intense girl-crush on Giovanna of all time. She is just amazing. I love that this is not black, I like the stockings and shoes, and that it is hard edged without being overtly cheese.
Plus, this is the BEST HAIR OF THE MET GALA 2013 **HANDS DOWN**!!!
 omg. how amazing is the safety pin hair. I just love it. Way to be YOU and also bring the theme to life.

5. God, I hate that I'm saying this... But Miley Cyrus in Marc Jacobs
 Her hair, yes, looks straight up stupid. But the dress, when I saw it, I thought, "That reminds me of Wendy O Williams" (below) Miley would have looked way better wrapped in electrical tape. I know Wendy is rolling in her grave right now, so sorry i said that.

6. Taylor Tomasi Hill in Thom Browne
 This dress is just kind of cool. I like the golden spikes on the shoulders and bodice. It is DEF not doing anything nice for her body... Making her boobs appear to end near her navel, etc etc. But it's cool in theory. I believe the skirt slits have zippers, which I like.

7. Christina Ricci in Vivienne Westwood
 This I love so much. This might be my fav. I was thinking that if I would have gone to this, I would FOR SURE have worn Vivienne Westwood! The GodMother of Punk Rock!! A plaid and that amazing Vivienne draping I love love love. I would have worn combat boots with it, I think i have a pair in my closet still.

8. Sofia Coppola in Marc Jacobs, and Marc Jacobs in Comme des Garcons
These may be the most "punk rock" outfits of the night. Sofia just rolled out of bed and said, "Eff it, I'm going to this bloody Gala in mah PJs.... SON!" And Marc Jacobs in his Polka Dot thing, it's just flawless. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment