Monday, May 6, 2013

Kentucky Derby 2013 Fashion


Happy Monday!

As always I like to express that I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing weekend. I found myself grabbing an order of shrimp and heading to Haines Point with my family. Aside from family time, the 2013 Kentucky Derby took place over the weekend. In case you missed what I think everyone agrees is the most exciting part of the entire event, the fashion and hats!! Some of  the most stylish female celebrities were in attendance. So lets get to it!!


                                    
                                                  Actress Zoe Zaldana

                                       

                         Coco Rocha and Stephanie Graf ( I really like Coco's ensemble)


                                                
                                          Former DC Chancellor Michelle Rhee and Kevin Johnson


                 
                               Legendary R&B Singer Smokey Robinson and Francis Robinson


                                                    
                                                          Actress Jane Seymour

                                                
                                                         The Hills Star Ms. Lauren Conrad

 I really like the dresses Zoe Zaldana and Coco Rocha wore. I think Zoe's dress has a very sexy cut out but yet its practical to wear for low key yet upscale events such as this one. It was a perfect balance of dress casual and I love the neutral  color. I really liked Coco Rocha's dress, it was a beautiful pastel rose fuscha color, that would look great on any skin tone. I also loved her hat. Coco Rocha was my favorite by far. Aside form this Stephanie's Graf dress was beautiful floral print in a classic cut. Just absolutely lovely and any figure could pull that one of. Former Dc Chanllecor Michelle Rhee's black and white stripped dress for some reason or another reminded me of Hello Kitty meets Dr. Seuss's Cat in the Hat but in a good way. Smokey Robinson was dashing in his vertical stripped tux with white pants as did his beautiful wife Francis! Don't you just love it when you see couples who have been together for so many years! That reminded me of my great grandparents who lived well into their 90s and were married will over 50 years. The Robinson gave us style with love. Ms. Jane Seymour looks A-m-a-z-ing!! She's was the lady in red and has such a youthful glow about herself. I think she may found the fountain of youth!! I loved her hat, the neutral heels. She pulled it together. Finally Ms. Lauren Conrad. I love LC's no fuss approach to fashion, simple yet classy. This polka dot nude ensemble is classic LC. Even though, I will say I'm not a fan of her hat. There's something matronly about it... To see more celeb style from the 2013 Kentucky Derby (click here). Your thoughts?

"beauty is a lifestyle"
Diva Samai

No comments:

Post a Comment