Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Fantasy Item Du Jour: The $35,000 Trench Coat

I was flipping through Vogue the other day, and OH MY GOD..... I see this coat.
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!?? Burberry Golden Peacock Feather Trench Coat. This might be the most gorgeous piece of clothing I have ever seen. The feathers are hand-sewn to fabric in these amazing rosettes, it seriously takes my breath away.

Can you stand the detail? If you want to buy it (click here) , it's only $35,000. But with the beauty and craftsmanship that this coat embodies, I would pay 3.5 zillion dollars for it. I'm seriously in awe.

Of course, Anna Wintour gets to wear it. Posing with Christopher Bailey of Burberry (below).

There has been some controversy over the sourcing of the feathers... Some people have said that the feathers come from Chinese Peacock Farms where the birds are *live plucked* 2 to 3 times in their lives before being killed for their meat. I am not down with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment