Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Angelina Jolie Reveals Mastectomy

                                                          
                                        

Angelina Jolie has revealed she wen under a double mastectomy and reconstruction after her blood work revealed she had an increase chance of getting breast and ovarian cancer. The 37 year old starlet's mother Marcheline Bertrand who died at the age of 56 from the disease made this decision as a precaution. Jolie revealed this to shed light on the disease and give support to women who maybe facing similar decisions.  "I wanted to write this to tell other women that the decision to have a mastectomy was not easy. But it is one I am very happy that I made," Jolie writes. "My chances of developing breast cancer have dropped from 87 percent to under 5 percent. I can tell my children that they don't need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer."

That's the one thing I like about celebrities they have power help raise awareness. Angelina Jolie is one of the hottest female celebrities on the planet. She's also fiercely private and her revealing that she has faced a challenge in her own life makes her more human. Angelina Jolie is Truly Brave! May a cure for this disease soon come one day.

"beauty is a lifestyle"




No comments:

Post a Comment