Monday, February 25, 2013

OSCARS FASHION BLAST 2013!!

omg. it was an AHMAZING Oscar's night. I was really really loving the fashion. We saw COLOR, we saw DRAMA, we saw people take chances and dress MAGNIFICENTLY! Oh it was WONDERFUL.  
I enlisted the opinions of my favorite Fashionable Man About Town - Brad Galli (Sports Guru at Channel 7 Action News *link here*)
But First I am going to do MY PICKS, because I am so DAMN EXCITED, I JUST CAN'T WAIT. 

**MY PICKS FOR BEST DRESSED AT THE OSCARS 2013, i couldn't pick just Three, there were just too many splendidly dressed people**

1. Charlize Theron in Dior
WHO CARES about her dress, look at this amazing pixie cut. it looks GORGEOUS on her!! omg! I want this haircut so badly! I wish I had a perfectly shaped head like hers! I just love it.

2. Fan BingBing (awesome name) in Marchesa
 Love this. I think it looks even better on her than on the runway (thank you to Red Carpet Fashion Awards for the photo). It reminds me of the delicate folds of the petals of a rose. And I love the bright jewel-toned color on her alabaster skin. Thank god the tan is going out of style. Why would anyone think something looks good that could kill you? (Skin cancer sucks)

3. Jessica Chastain in Armani
I don't usually love her, and especially since every dress she wore for Awards Season this year was so ill fitting. But this one is perfect. Tailored to a T. I love the geometric art deco detail on the gown and the color and shape are just flawless on her. Perfect.

4. Eddie Redmayne in Alexander McQueen
 I'm just so in love with him. Eddie is my Taylor Swift to Brad. LOL. Oh YES I DID pick him as best dressed for EVERY EVENT FOR THIS AWARDS SEASON. because he always looks magnificent. I mean, the smoking slippers, really? of effing course yes. The suit fit is impeccable. Lapels are classic, he just looks amazing. High Fives to his girlfriend for reining that in. Holla!

5. Catherine Zeta-Jones in Zuhair Murad Couture
Yes, this is over the top. But guess what, Catherine is a A-LISTER and she IS NOT GOING TO LET YOU FORGET IT. She's in her 40s and looks GORGEOUS. She is hollywood royalty and she is dressing the part. She's not going to wear black and rest on her laurels, oh no. She puts her crown on and suits up like the Queen she is. Bravo.

6. Maria Menounos in Romona Keveza
Love love love the color on her. it's perfect. I wouldn't change a shade of the tone of that pink. it's like they set a colorwheel against her skin to pick that hand-selected carnation petal hue. The fit and silhouette are great on her, and even though there is pulling across the hips (fit issue) I love the color so much and the hair, she gets a pass.

7. Zoe Saldana in Alexis Mabille
Amazing cut on her, I like the detail on the bodice, the bow, the graduation of color at the hem. It's a great edgy gown and I'm glad she wore it. It looks even better on her than it did on the runway!


**OK! NOW FOR BRAD'S PICKS!!**
Let's see what a dude has to say...

1. Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta
Biggest stunner of the night. Blew me away from first glance (I agree!!), and all night. My favorite hair of the night. The dress was simple on top and elegant on the bottom. knockout!

2. Jennifer Aniston in Valentino
When is she supposed to start aging!? (great question!) Loved the hair because it was simple, but she doesn't need to do anything glamourous. The dress was fantastic. The color was perfect on her, the cut was fantastic. She is as close to perfect as there is in Hollywood.

3. George Clooney in Giorgio Armani
Even with a homely beard, he's still George Clooney. My phone and Twitter feed blew up when he walked onto the Red Carpet. Everyone went Tom Ford big bowtie for the Grammys, glad to see people keep it simple and classy.

Who were your FAVs!?

No comments:

Post a Comment