Monday, February 11, 2013

Grammys 2013 **BEST of the Red Carpet**

I love the Grammys, because it's usually where you see some REALLY AVANT GARDE fashion. Musicians really know how to kick out the jams, sartorially. So I was super amped to watch the Red Carpet coverage last night.
TODAY WE HAVE THE BEST OF.... **THE GRAMMYS 2013** from 2 different perspectives that are very different and interesting. I'm going to give you MY picks. AND My **Male Red Carpet Sports/Fashion Connoisseur** Brad Galli's picks.
Got your seat-belts on?? Let's go...

MY PICS>>>>

1. Rihanna in Azzedine Alaia
OMFG!!!!!!!!! The glitz, the glamour, the radiance!!! I love it. It fits her perfectly and I loooooove the long train and the color on her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With the hair it's like a modern day take on Old Hollywood. Veronica Lake 2013. Also, it looks a bit like the KDC Collection gown i wore in my last runway show (below)
haha! I wish I was Rihanna. I just think she looked flawless.

2. Kimbra in Jaime Lee Major
LOVE LOVE LOVE!! She looks like a golden angel fallen straight from heaven. omg. I thought this was Marchesa at first. The tulle is just killing me. it's so ethereal, and lovely, but modern and spacey at the same time. What a BEAUTY!!

3. Alexa Chung in Valentino
Love the 1950s day-dress silhouette. You know I own the dress in several incarnations. It's gorgeous. Some may say it's a bit boring, whatever, sometimes simple simplicity is the way to go. She's so gorgeous and has a big personality and the red lippy, go for just looking ELOQUENTLY GORGEOUS AND REFINED. bravo.

BRAD'S PICKS >>>>

1. Taylor Swift in J. Mendel
are you noticing a theme here? every time Tay-Tay is on the Red Carpet, Brad picks her.... hahha. I should just say to him. "OK, I'll just put Taylor Swift in as one of your picks, just tell me 2 others." LOL. He said he would pick Taylor EVEN IF SHE HAD A HOCKEY JERSEY ON. whoa, but you know what. I think she could werq a hockey jersey in a glamourous way, such is the Tay-Tay.
I love this gown too. I like the contrast of the hardness of the metallic accents with the flowy wispyness of the white. Brad likes Taylor's hair as well. I think her Heidi-Braid-Crown should have been a bit thicker *aka needs more weave*. hahah. but these are Brad's picks, what am i chiming in for?

2. Katy Perry in Gucci
Brad did not provide much commentary on this look. But you can tell that every dude in the world liked this look on Katy and her Perry's. :-)
I always think it's interesting to see how different garments look on the runway from real life. It's a very different dress on the model (above). But it also looks wonderful riding Katy's curves. Lovely. (thanks to Red Carpet Fashion Awards for this photo)

3. Justin Timberlake in Tom Ford
Very classic spin on a modern look. I don't think you can see it, but the jacket suiting is make of a kind of wood-grain taffeta, and it is gorgeous. The shoes, amazing. Love it. The elongated bow-tie and tipped pocket square, gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment