Monday, February 11, 2013

*Dream* Runway Show Model Casting

Yesterday, I woke up feeling like this...
I get migraines, and I had one all through the night (hence no sleep), all into the morning (no coffee right away cuz i was not home), it was just the *perfect storm* of everything to make me feel like crap. When I have a migraine, i honestly cannot open my eyes, I feel this massive pressure and pain around my brows and head, this stabbing pain behind the eye. I thought, "There is no way I'm going to be able to do a runway casting today."

Thankfully, i know some amazing, silly people. I got my coffee in my system... Then talk turned to ninjas... EYE OF THE TIGER!! ENTER THE DRAGON!!
MODEL NINJA!
i'm not going to let my migraine get me down, this is only one day. Put on some lipstick and pull yourself together girl.
BOOM. Ready to go.

So I drove down to Detroit for the casting call. Ended up seeing my gorgeous model-friend Pauletta there... OMG, look at this Lady...
She is getting booked for this show for sure. She is obviously so beautiful, and there is no one that walks better than her. Scout's Honor.

So despite my brain not functioning AT ALL. I made my way down the hallway and got my audition number.
There were so many girls there. A hallway full of beauties. I thought, "oh lawd jesus let me not fall on my face. let me not break a heel. let me not just pass out in front of the panel."

The show is called *Dream*, it's being put on by Dave McGibbon Productions. I met Dave at the Mandarendare show, and he got to see me walk, oh i hope he liked it and he selects me. There were so many models there for casting this is obviously a highly sought-after show to do. I've never seen so many models at a casting before. The whole hallway of chairs filled with gorgeous beauties...

Finally it was my turn to walk. The panel of 4 people only asked to see 2 "dry runs", which means just 2 straight walks with a pose and a turnabout at the end. So I did what they asked and they said, "THANK YOU! that's all"
GAH! i hope that meant that they loved me! Mr. McGibbon recognized me and said hi when he saw me. The pain in my head was growing more intense with every second, by the time I walked out of there I was just about to die. Non communicato.

My love of all loves, LPC, lives pretty much 4 steps from where my audition was held, and I wanted to see her new place so bad. I mean look at this... It's a FREAKING MID-CENTURY MODERN DREAMLAND!!!!
I die!!!!!!!!!
ahhh, you should see the inside. It's so marvelous. open and modern and cubist and geometric and gorgeous. I was over the moon. I want to move in today. I got to see my college cat, Artie, too. I missed them both so much. LPC fixed me up with some Manhattans and snackies, and I was so glad I went to see her to fill my soul with love and comfort and beauty. muah muah muah muah.

No comments:

Post a Comment