Saturday, February 2, 2013

**Mandarendare** Runway Show **Full Coverage**

Last night was the *Mandarendare* Runway Show at Oakland University. It was so fun. We all had such a great time, everyone was wonderful, it was amazing!! So here's the play by play...

They told us to come in with our hair "big and natural" NOT A PROBLEM.

Here's me, ready to leave the house. Model-Off-Duty clothing. Black leggings, because you're probably going to have to wear them. a dress that buttons up, so you won't mess up your makeup. And tall boots for warmth and comfort. Oh yeah, and my enormous mop of hair. 

My sweet-lady-girl Danae. I LOVE doing shows with her, she is just awesome. Here is her blog, Le Thrifty Madre (click here!) This is us pre-makeup and hair. 

The runway pre-show. It's always nice to walk on it before show time, because I don't think I've ever had the same type of runway twice. Sometimes it's a carpet with a thick nap, sometimes linoleum, you never know. This runway had a piecing to it, and i wanted to make sure my heels didn't catch on it. 


 More of us models, pre-show. These WONDERFUL LOVELY LAYDEEZ are students at OU, and I just love them. So sweet, nice, funny, playful. We had such a great time together.

I went downstairs to get a coffee and some man handed me a Rose! and then I came back to the backstage area and someone handed me Pizza! What is this!? The universe is showering gifts!


How awesome is this body-paint. This is Rob. Such a awesome wonderful guy. I was so jealous that I didn't get body painted. :-(

Danae in makeup. I'm in makeup too, but tweeting and taking photos, i'm sure my makeup artist loved that. hahha. Why are you so sad, Danae??? It's going to be a fun night!

Brianne did my makeup and hair. OMG!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!! Jeremy, who is the runway coach and kind of styling the show said he wanted a feathery effect to my eyes, oh and Brianne NAILED IT!!

Front view of makeup and hair.

My first look, KDC Collection. This dress was very difficult to get my hair and makeup'd self into. But isn't it gorgeous!? Like a red grecian look. I loved it. Here's Jeremy - Runway Coach Extraordinaire. Contact Jeremy at @jerdecor on Twitter. He is amazing and sweet and has great style. 

Walking the runway in KDC Collection.

End of the runway pose in KDC Collection. 

End of the runway pose in Johnny B. This Tunic was completely sheer, I have a bra on and boy shorts under it. From the red dress to this was the classic "movie" runway change. I honestly had to run backstage with the red dress on, RIP IT OFF. Get the black bra and boy shorts and black shoes on, throw the tunic over, and SPRINT back out and ONTO THE RUNWAY TO WALK AGAIN. immediately. whoa. 

 "Rapid Fire" final walk with Johnny on.

We had an intermission so we got changed into our last looks. This tiny hooded shrug with MATCHING TINY BACKPACK, is by Carle Crochet. She did some SUPER CUTE stuff. there was a halter dress and playsuit that I wanted to wear, but they wanted me in this. which is cute too! Oh yeah, and btw, now do you see why i have a hard time finding jeans long enough? yeah, exactly.

A young model with a FIERCE WALK, Amina. Also in Carle Crochet.

 Look how cute my teensy weensy Make-Up Artist Brianne is. She is a true artist!! For any runway show in the future, if I see her backstage, I'm going to DEMAND that she do my face. She is amazing.

On the runway in Carle Crochet. I love this guys cheetah hair. so great.

End of the runway pose, I decided to "pop that hip" and put a little SASS into it.

After the show with the handsome Darrius and Danny. I love the makeup they did for them.

 A final look for a designer I didn't get to walk for. :-( I think I wasn't there the day they did fittings for her. But she talked to me after the show, and wants me to walk for her for her next runway show. She did some gorgeous tops and dresses in amazing bright colors!!

Had the best time. I can't wait to work with Fashion House of Oakland University again. I think we're going to do another show in the Summer! So excited! Oh and shout-outs to my Lovely Laydee-Sistah Chris for coming to watch the show. And my sweet photog friend Vince Hollaway for shooting it! I can't wait to see his pics! *muah muah*

No comments:

Post a Comment