Monday, April 1, 2013

Leather, Baby!

Oooooh ooh ooh! I want a leather dress!!! So bad. 
I love the idea of a leather dress looking ladylike, I don't want to look like a biker girl, or a hootchie mama. I like the thought of a dress that would be worn by Sophia Loren in the 1960s, but done in a shiny, sleek skin. 

Example A: Look at this sumptuous Purple shift with the cap sleeve. This is so on-point it's le DANGER DIABOLIK! Ahhh, I freak out over this. If I ever see it in a store I will pray that the seaming is made for me. 
That's one thing about a leather shift, you are either going to win the "seaming lottery" and it will fit you, or you are just going to have to buy a size up and bring it to a tailor and have that thing pretty much re-made for you. I think that's kind of part of the appeal to me too, it's unforgiving, and sort of a signature of your body. tres chic. 

Exhibit B: OMGOMGOMGOMG! Diagonal STRIPES!!! SERIOUSLY!! 
only a Grand.... Alice + Olivia, why do you do this for me. I'm going to have to be very very well behaved to get this thing!
 This is so perfect for Spring, it's black and white, it's mod, it's geometric, it just looks so great I want to eat it for dessert.

Exhibit C: HOLY JESUS! Laser Cut!? In this GORGEOUS delicate pattern. How beautiful!
Drop-Waist... So Spring 2013. I love how this is kind of the antithesis of a cheesy leather biker dress. It's everything that isn't, it's floaty (you usually can't say that about leather), it's white and clean and angelic. oh my oh my!

JUST AS A SIDE NOTE... I still want this leather skirt too. For some reason, black is looking good for this. I would love it in a purple, a dark purple. Or a dark pink lipstick color. But the black is working, I think it's the sweet skater cut that makes it wonderful. How cute is this??

No comments:

Post a Comment