Friday, April 19, 2013

Hugs for Boston

I've been actively avoiding the news coverage.
But this morning when I was going to start my Twitter "Follow Friday"s, it was on my homepage: *ENTIRE CITY OF BOSTON SHUT DOWN* *SHOOTINGS AND EXPLOSIONS THROUGH THE NIGHT* *ONE SUSPECT KILLED*

As many of you know I'm going to Boston next week, and also as many of you know I am crippling-ly sensitive to human suffering. I seriously don't know what is wrong with me. I think I may be part Jedi in the way that Obi-Wan is when Alderaan is destroyed and he FEELS IT;
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

This just makes me feel like "100 Hugs For Boston" is more important. 

My goal is to hug 100 people in the 3 days that I am in the city of Boston. Why? To promote faith in humanity and good will among people. We are a COMMUNITY, a GLOBAL community. 
Love and Touch are the language of humans, no matter how advanced we think we are. 

Before I had my children I worked in a Neurology Clinic helping very damaged people, and I ALWAYS thought, just my talking to them, and having physical contact with my patients is what heals them more than ANYTHING. 

This is why I want to do 100 Hugs in Boston. I know they are "Boston Strong", I know we will rebuild and heal, but I want to promote something i know will synthesize something on an internal level, and maybe those connections will go further than just my hug. Promote more human connectedness. 

I encourage everyone to join. I'm going to be hugging from April 25 - to - April 27 in the city of Boston. I'm going to be passing out stickers to all the people that I hug. If you see someone with a sticker, GO AHEAD AND HUG THEM! Let's make this into a Domino effect! A chain of brotherly and sisterly love. 

Hugs to all of YOU. I LOVE YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment