Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April Thrifting: Joan Holloway vs. Joan Collins

Took my host-daughter on her VERY FIRST THRIFTING TRIP the other day. Oh, was I excited. omg, introducing a wide-eyed, bushy tailed youngster to the fine art of Thrift Shopping. It was an honor. Here's what we found...

 How Amaze. What A Find. Hot Pink, handmade Go-Go dress set. It's actually a dress and a vest. It reminded me of the vest set that Joan wore on MadMen this week! Below...
Oh how I loved it and the sheer sleeves. Add some white boots and mega eyeliner and go date Austin Powers. YEAH BABY!

Kind of another Joan-y look, a shift with a bow at the collar. Not really spectacular, so we put it back.

1970s "Afternoon Delight" dress. how super hippie is this thing. I just want to run out into a field of daisies in this. Singing **LET THE SUN SHINE!**

omgomgomgomg!! I don't even know what this thing is. A robe? A boxers warm-up top? A hooded dress? Guess what I don't care, I love it.
 It has shoulder pads, need I say more. It brought to mind another Joan, Joan Collins from Dynasty (below). I could totally see her rocking this. I wanted to buy it, but it was a whopping 8 dollars. So I didn't. but now I think I need to go back and get it. It's just too amazing.

This plaid dress was cute. It's Isaac Mizrahi, it makes me think of Catholic School Girls. I just don't think I'd ever wear it. So that was a no. 

I can't stop thinking about that leopard robe thingy, i must go back for it NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment