Monday, December 31, 2012

Things I Love/Want right this second

I get asked to write things for people all the time. 99% of the time I forget. Sometimes I remember. Kim from the beautiful blog **SEQUINS + STUDS** (click here) asked me what are the "8 things I am loving right now". Yesterday, since I had a sacked-out 4 year old sleeping in my lap all day, I had tons of time to write, so I kicked out these jams. 

1. CC Skye Bella Cross-body Bag (purchase here)
My usual bag for every day, ready for it..... >>shudder<< is a Dickies brand mailman's bag that I purchased in the 1990s, and it looks as perfect and flawless as the day i bought it. it's a cross-body mini messenger made of bulletproof treated canvas and juiceboxes can spill in it, my Mac Book and Camera fits in it, I don't have to think about it, i won't put it down. it's the best in my whole life. 
But saturday evening i was going to Neimies, in a dressier ensemb, and i just thought, i cannot carry this thing in there. so i brought a vintage 80s satin cross-body with me, and sadly found that it could only hold my SINGLE CAR KEY and my phone. NOT EVEN A WALLET, or my blackberry. wtf. but it's pretty. 
So i need a dressier and bigger cross-body. I have a Prada black one, but I am so anti-label now, i don't want to look like a cheeseball flaunting my little triangle emblem. Plus, I broke it, and then fixed it with a safety pin, since there sadly is not a Prada store near me to get it fixed. anddddd, the last time i sent something through the mail for repair, it was lost, and i never got it back. that is why i hate mail-order.
So i want this bag, below.

2. A chinchilla or sable Wrap/Cape. I really just want this for the Auto Show Gala. And I really just want one of these specific ones below. My dress is gold, and that Sable one will be perfect and dressy and soft and warm and amazing. I'll be like a little squirrel surrounded by my tail, impervious to the weather around me. Apparently it's $40 Grand. Great, I'll get two. :-)

3. I wrote this yesterday, when I was super jonesing for sugar. This cake is from Tavern on Rush in Chicago. (click here) It's sooooooo good, and soooooo rich, and tastes extra amazing if you turn it sideways and pour a tiny cup of espresso over it. **BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST**
 Stonewash and I got engaged in Chicago next to the mezzanine fountain at The Drake years ago, and went to dinner here at Tavern on Rush afterwards, then we went to this amazing party with my friend Logie that involved a trip to the Fireside Bowl for punk rock
Can you see the defunct bowling lanes in the background? How great is that?

4. Enzo Angiolini "Tanen" Pump
(purchase here) This is my "working shoe". It's beautiful and lovely, and comfortable. The material feels like it was molded specifically for my feet. I just learned that it is a 6.5" heel! Damn! It makes your legs look like those of a gazelles, able to leap among the tall grasses of the savanna looking fabulous. I have worn these on 8-12 hour stretches and have had no complaints. They also put the arch of your foot at that amazing feeling angle, almost like you are en pointe. When I try on shoes, I am always trying to replicate this feeling, and with these shoes, it's there, right away. I want them in every color on earth.

5. LouAna Coconut Oil. 
I know I talk about this all the time. But it's the most amazing stuff on earth. USE IT FOR EVERYTHING. BATHE IN IT. DRINK IT. COOK WITH IT. SHAVE WITH IT. ANOINT YOUR CHILDREN WITH IT. it's awesome.
 6. This 1970s "Ali McGraw in Love Story" Cashmere Coat. 
(purchase here) OH YEAH, YOU CAN'T PURCHASE IT!!! BECAUSE I DID!!! hahahhah! suckers! :-)

See Ali's here. I think mine is better. I don't like the patch pockets on hers. 

 BOOM. here is me today. I guess this counts as my outfit post. How great is it? Wrap-styling, Has the Original Belt (for vintage connoisseurs this is a BIG DEAL). it's lined, it feels wonderful on. I had to get gas with it on earlier, and it's warm and wonderful, and I can't stop petting the cashmere. I just want to hug myself forever.

7. False Eyelashes.
Anyone who does not wear them, get off the computer, get in your car, go to CVS and pick some up RIGHT NOW. look at the difference. even if you have rather lush eyelashes, they aren't going to be as lush as long as what you can buy (that's what she said, hahah) I've been wearing them since I was 10 so it's like riding a bike for me. If you've never put them on yourself, either call me, and i'll get them on for you, or just practice for 10,000 hours. It's worth it. I promise.

8. Colored Tights/Leggings
I love a bright leg. I love to wear dresses. I get cold. So boom, solution to everything. Kate Spade actually did some super lovely colored tights this last season. I just think it can extend your wardrobe so much. summer dress + track jacket + loads of jewelry + leggings = Sartorial Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment