Sunday, December 30, 2012

Girl Crush - Megan Draper

We just got MadMen Season 5. Oh my goodness, i have been in withdrawal. I firmly believe it was a personal crime against me that I had to wait so long to see this. We watched the first episode last night, and it did not disappoint. Don is wonderful, has mad-swagger... Roger makes me so happy... Peter makes me want to punch him in the face... 
AND MEGAN DRAPER, HOLY CRAP you are my new style icon, my lovely love. i love you. It's 1968 on MadMen now, and the fashion is hitting my **prime wheelhouse** of vintage obsession. Watching last night I was literally drooling, thinking of the vintage shopping spots i need to hit ASAP, to dig for these finds. I do have quite a bit of wonderful late 1960s stuff, but vintage clothes are like hugs.... you always want more. :-)

First of all, how do i hire the band that played at Don's surprise party? I just want to put them on retainer and have them live at my house. Megan's dress here is so fabulous, super mini length with the accordion pleat sheer bat-wing sleeves. I would have loved a go-go boot with this.

 Workwear. This is a short-sleeved orange sorbet shift with the zig-zag matching jacket. GET IN MY FREAKING CLOSET. perfection.

this dress didn't get a lot of airtime. but it's so amazing. when i look for vintage 60s this dress has so many elements that catch my eye. the color-blocking, the gold button detail on the shoulder, it's amazing. hey, maybe i'll start wearing gloves.

 This polka dot blouse is lovely, but what made it better is that it was tucked into a black pencil skirt with white tuxedo stripes down the sides, i couldn't find a photo showing that. sorry.

 Where can I get this bikini? NOW. i will pay ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY. omg. i love the pucci print. I wonder if it is actual pucci. I would not wear the hat and the glasses with it, due to that being to period literal. But I would definitely take Don as my accessory. ohhhhhhhhh yes! :-)
 Beach cover-up. Seriously? did she pluck this print from my brain? I need this thing.
See, Don really is part of this swim ensemble. So someone notify Jon Hamm to get over to me in the summertime.

Everytime i'm vintaging, and i see a print like this from 50 paces away, i know i'm going to buy it. i don't even care if it fits, i just love the fabric. i just bought an amazing similar print dress that didn't fit me, and I just took it in on the sides, it took 10 minutes. BAM.

Love the scarf look. I had a similar green one that my children destroyed, oh well. And again with the printed dresses, i would pass out if i saw this green one on the rack. The thing is, it has to be actual vintage. Modern dresses made out of that nasty thin poly-jersey make me want to throw up.

 I'm not usually a fan of the high neck, but this is working for her. and having Don zip her up. Ah! J'Adore. This dress has a pleated flared skirt too. It's amazing.

 Lastly, look at this evening gown. I mean, was that color created to set off her skin in the most perfect way of all time!? The embroidery and detail are so gorgeous, the hair, makeup jewelry... Makes me want to pass out. And see this photo below... Flawless.

I'm going to have to hit the vintage stores asap. I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH MADMEN AGAIN TONIGHT!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
Love you Megan. *muah muah*

No comments:

Post a Comment