Friday, December 7, 2012

Personal Shopping Trip for Mr. Man.

Mr. Man is my new styling client. He's a very good looking, talented, hilarious guy looking for a little more flavor in his wardrobe. I sweep in to his rescue, becoming his fairy godmother of **Fantastic Style**. 
I love Styling jobs, it's really the most fun of all time. It's like having living, breathing Barbie/Ken dolls to play with. 
My goal with Mr. Man was to introduce some whimsy and extreme style, while highlighting all of his lovely attributes. He is a tall, athletic man with blue eyes and dark hair. I think the artist part of me kicks in at this point and I think of color palettes and silhouettes that would flatter and enhance. 
I hit Four stores today, pulling clothes for him, so tomorrow morning we can try everything on and he can walk out of the mall looking like 846 TRILLION BUCKS. 

First Stop: Nordstrom
The BEST thing about Nordstrom is that they have a tailor onsite 24/7, and he will come up and tailor your clothes right then and now. 
Mr. Man has an athletic, tall physique actually similar to my brother, who I know has trouble with button-up shirts. They tend to fall between sizes and the larger size will end up being too boxy in the waist/torso area. That is a really simple fix for a tailor that can make all the difference in how you look. 
 Giant pile of clothes for Mr. Man!!

MISSION NORDSTROM'S ACCOMPLISHED. 

Next Stop: Express Men
I wanted to go here, because my brother has found shirts that fit "off the rack" here, and they usually have a pretty generous color assortment to choose from. I was looking for some greens and possibly lavender for dress shirts. I think putting a blue shirt on a man with blue eyes is so obvious. I think contrasting or using another color to set off the eye color is much more effective. 
This man helped me. I found some great colored shirts, i'm curious as to how they will fit. Also i found an amazing sweater with large buttons up the front, I call that "the sweatshirt alternative". Also, the sweater has a straight bottom, not a blouson. The blouson bottom on most men's sweaters is so awful and unflattering on EVERYONE. vomit. 
I found some cool jean alternatives as well. kind of informal chino type pants. I love express pants for myself, i've never had a guy try them on before, but they were on sale, so i figured, why not? the colors were good. 

EXPRESS MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. (thumbs up in the glass)

The Wild Card Stop: Urban Outfitters
I was thinking of where I could get some cool shoes, or unique clothing pieces. The Puma Store at Somerset closed (A MILLION TEARS!!) so i thought let's check out Urban Outfitters. I've found a lot of cool well-detailed garments here for DH. Great colors, hilarious prints, Funny books... I texted Mr. Man and asked, "do you wanna try fun/playful?"
 I mean look at this place, it looks like a circus in there!
I found some really sweet cardigans (I loooove cardigans on guys), a neat western seamed shirt, a couple cool jackets and sweaters.

AND ALSO I FOUND THIS......
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? HAHAHHAHHA. I did not pull this for Mr. Man, but I laughed so hard at this sweater I almost passed out. 

AND THEN I SAW THIS!!!!! ACID WASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and no, i didn't set this aside for Mr. Man either. But I did have mad love for it. 

FINAL STORE: Banana Republic
My client seems like the kind of guy that wants to "stay classy", so i thought Banana Republic would be perfect, HUGE selection. Good quality construction of clothing. 
I found some pretty good things, i was trying to really keep some color in the clothing, but Banana Republic is just so neutral. I did find a lovely cashmere sweater that I couldn't stop petting, it was just so soft. I wanted to get him a Velvet blazer too, but I couldn't find his size. If he likes it, maybe we can order it. 

Hilariously, I shopped so so so hard that I broke a strap on my dress!! The people at Banana Republic felt so badly for me, that they gave me a safety pin.

 MISSION ACCOMPLISHED BANANA REPUBLIC.

I was planning on going to J. Crew and Armani Exchange as well, but i just ran out of time. I know how guys are, and 4 stores is probably enough anyways. I hope he likes what I selected!!

No comments:

Post a Comment