Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Big Reveal.... Mr. Man = Tom Leyden, Sports Director for Channel 7!!!

So this is the "Results Show"... Like on Extreme Home Make-Over when they "MOVE THAT BUS!"
Tom Leyden, Sports Czar of Detroit, on Channel 7 (website here) was looking for some casual clothing looks and going-out looks that would match the vibrancy of his glowing personality. Meeting this goal for all people is the essence of my life, so I was more than happy to help. You saw the posts... I pulled the clothes, we tried them on, and now HERE THEY ARE!

First piece. AHHHHMAZING Jacket/hoodie combo from Urban Outfitters (purchase here). I loved this, because it's so versatile and *doffs it's hat* to the Members Only Jacket of yesteryear that I've always had extreme affection for, see below. Oh god, i would kill for that mint green one. #swoon
Mr. Leyden has self-styled this jacket with one of the beautifully cut Banana Republic button-ups that we also purchased (I'll give more detail on that later). With a grey pant and a fabulous smile, he's ready to go out, have drinks and dance the night away....

Next up, this SUPER GREAT CAZH-Y hoodie sweatshirt.... but it's really a long sleeve T also from Urban Outfitters (purchase here). The shape is great, the COLORS are MARVELOUS, and it's so nice and thin and cozy, you can just wear it all the time. I actually might go and buy this for myself. I see this as an "anywhere shirt". You are going to the movies in it. You are laying in front of a roaring fire sipping cocoa in it. Wrestling alligators in it... anything.
Also featured in this ensemble is the AG Protege Jean (purchase here). Such a great fitting jean. I was shocked by the fact that you could only get really two types of cuts for men's jeans at Nordstrom, they are usually known for having tons of everything. But really you could only get "skinny fit" and "straight leg". That is so bizarre. As everyone knows I am not a fan of the "skinny jean" on really anyone. I can't wait for that trend to die. Especially for Myself and Mr. Leyden who tend to hold a little muscle on our legs and the skinny fit just does not highlight that in a flattering way. Also the length on these jeans was so on-point. At 6'3'' Mr. Leyden needed some length. A too-short (not this Too-Short below)
is a fast-INSTANTANEOUS way to look terrible in clothing. I know this from experience (having a 36 inch inseam in the 1990s gave me PTSD)

We did some casual button-ups... This fabulous window-pane print one is from Banana Republic (purchase here). Mr. Leyden is another victim of the curious case of the "Giant-Torso XL Shirt". Just because a person is Tall.... Does not mean they have a GIANT BELLY. Case in point, Tom. Also sometimes the arm holes on a XL shirt are MASSIVE, like you could sail a boat-show through those things. This Banana Republic shirt fit so well. Arm holes of appropriate size, the Torso width was perfect, fit so well through the body like it was molded off of Mr. Leyden himself.

This look, super duper classic with a twist. Again with the fabulous AG Protege jeans... But now, paired with a gorgeous Threads for Thought Zip-up Hoodie (purchase here) AND a Button Henley. I LOOOOOOVE A HENLEY... Mayyyybeeeee because of this guy (see below).
Do you blame me? :-)
Mr. Leyden and I purchased two great Henleys at Nordstom (purchase here). Listen here guys... Henleys hug the body, are more flattering than a regular long sleeve T: due to the button placket. You can wear a different colored T shirt under it for extra style points. It can be dressed up/down/all around. I would even pair one with a blazer and jeans, for going out. Mad Style, baby.

and now.... The CASH-MIRACLE.
ahhh, i love cashmere. When I spotted this on my scouting day, I seriously approached the table where these sweaters were laying, hopped up upon it, fashioned myself a nest and took a nap.
I wish I could live my life in a cashmere house, with cashmere animals, and a shower that sprays you with cashmere to get you clean.
Anyways, back to Tom. So I love this sweater on him. It's from Banana Republic (purchase here). It was really difficult for me not to cling to him like a koala with this sweater on, it's just so soft and smooth and cozy. A great purchase, and also the button-neck creating a super flattering neckline.

Lastly, the Banana Republic button-up shirt and casual grey pants. (purchase here). Another great dress up or down Look. If you pair this exact outfit with Trainers and a colored T, you are ready to go to a show at the Majestic. But if you put some Kenneth Cole wing-tips on and a crisp white T underneath you can have dinner at The Whitney.

I'm so happy with how everything turned out. Tom did a marvelous job. Make sure you watch him EVERY DAY, giving you the latest updates on ALL THINGS SPORTS especially our BELOVED LIONS, TIGERS, PISTONS AND REDWINGS!!!! Tune in to Channel 7 in Detroit at 6pm and 11pm! Tweet Tom at @tomleyden and tell him how great he looks. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment