Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Got the Hair back to Curly **IT'S A XMAS MIRACLE**

As many of you may remember it took 2 professional hairstylists three, 4 hour sessions to get my hair this straight. to me this is like making Johnny Weir go straight.
Just let them be the way they are intended. hahhaha. 

There were solutions applied, giant rollers put in, inches of hair cut off, color put in, hours under dryers, brushing and combing and wrapping. and I just didn't love it. 

I've had my hair straight like this for about 2 weeks. Every single day, I wake up and think, "what the hell do I do with this hair?" 
When my hair was curly I had a very set pattern of events. The day i washed it, i would dry it in pin-curls and then over the course of 3/4 days it would evolve in volume and dreadlockyness into this post-coital mass that was unchained and wild and tangled like jungle flora. And I loved it.

So today I thought "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I have to be me again." and even though my hair is much shorter I needed to figure out a way to tease the curl into it. 
 I washed it with baby shampoo and that amazing Kiehl's olive oil conditioner.

 Combed it out and applied the HOLY TRIFECTA of HAIR PRODUCTS:

  1. Bumble & Bumble Styling Cream
  2. Bumble & Bumble Thickening Spray
  3. Bumble & Bumble Texture Cream

Dried it with a diffuser and pin-curled it **crossing my fingers** hoping it wouldn't just fall straight into some Nebraska wheat-field of flatness. 

Shook the curls out hours later and BOOOOMMMMMM!! Back to Vanessa again. It's a Christmas Miracle. Don't love the length, but hair grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment