Sunday, December 30, 2012

Gala Glamour- Neiman Marcus and Saks 5th

Yesterday I was coming back from a job in the D, and I really wanted to try on some more gowns for the Auto Show Gala. I have my gown on *order* WHICH SCARES THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF ME. I was not able to try it on. I talked to the salespeople on the phone, they have assured me that it will fit, but I DO NOT TRUST ANYONE. So I thought, "hmmm, maybe Neiman's or Saks has it on the rack and I can just try it on to relieve my anxiety." Awesome plan, right. and yeah, i get to play dress-up too! WIN-WIN!! I unfortunately didn't find my dress, but I did find some other awesome ones!

The mall was JAM PACKED. I had no idea why. I do not like crowds. I was not happy, but I was there so as god as my witness I was GOING TO PARK and get the hell in there. Finally found a spot by Saks, walked in... Had to use all of my strength to not go into Gucci and Tory Burch... Got up to the 2nd floor and waltzed around the gowns...
 Marchesa. Isn't this a vision? oh lawd. So sorry about the terrible photo quality. Spätzle dismantled my phone the other day and threw the parts down one of the registers in our house. That phone has definitely had better days. LOL. Fun Fact: I was going to name my daughter Marchesa Luisa, but i didn't want her to have to spell and pronounce that name for EVERY SINGLE PERSON FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE. Here's a better photo of the dress below.

This gown is flowy silk, has the amazing lovely internal bustier construction that I LOVE, that's when you know you have a good garment on, when it has all those fit details. There is a crystal detail across the bust. It's just gorgeous, looks like it's fit for a greek goddess. A pale dove blue color.

This dress was awesome. I loved it. it has this tough, cool, gladiator leather bodice with a tulle skirt, how can you not love it? The fit is not very good, and the construction was not as well done as the Marchesa dress, you can see in the bodice that it's a bit big, and not fitting well. oh well.

This dress I loved. Badgley Mischka sheer shoulder gown. Better photo below. I thought the color was so gorgeous, the material was the most fluid, liquid silk. and the shoulders were sheer and topped with crystals, it just felt magical. Also, I could wear a bra with it! YAY! :-)
 *******************************************************
Then I moved over to Neiman Marcus. I LURVE Neimies. I adore how their fitting rooms are as large as my college dorm room. You have little closets, arm chairs, 3 way mirror, and BEST OF ALL **spectacular lighting** no matter what you have on, because of this lighting, you will look FABULOUS. A great place to bring a friend and spend an afternoon. Tell the fitting attendant to bring you some champagne. :-)
 Are you kidding me? This thing is GORGEOUS. also though, it is completely sheer. The only thing that is covering your goods is sequins. The torso is absolutely see-through. You cannot wear anything under this dress, nope, not even underpants. it just can't happen. It's pretty much you, naked, dipped in sparkles.
 I liked this one, because it was kind of **bad gal**. Like "Yeah, I'm in a gang, I listen to Hardcore Metal, but I still can dress like a Laydee and knock your socks off." boom.

 This, bleh, mother-of-the-bride. and it's covered in beads and i just hate it.

 This silly thing, completely open back, like **NOTHING** there. I think this was wayyy too big for me, it had this "ladder-y" detail on the sides that was just bagging out all over the place. This crazy pose was the only thing keeping the dress on. :-)

I loved this. It's a little bohemian... Not a look I rock. But I love the detailing of it. It's covered with a trillion tiny petals, no sequins, no shine, just these little ovals of silky fabric that ruffle and move as you dance around. I love the graduation of color, and the simple spaghetti straps. it's really lovely. young and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment