Saturday, November 24, 2012

Vintage Gold Mine! - Encore Resale Southfield

Had to go to Southfield... Total scheduling fiasco... So anyways I was driving down Southfield Rd and saw the sign for **Encore Resale** Address: 29080 Southfield Road, Southfield, MI 48076 Phone: (248) 552-1555

GET YOURSELF THERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg. They had one rack of Vintage. But this wasn't just any old polyester dress rack... This was Christian Dior, this was Escada... And then my favorites- 1970s JCPenny Catalogue and TOTALLY AMAZING 1960s pieces. I was freaking out. Go there now. I didn't buy any of these things because I had to leave. go go go go go go go. 



How sweet is this dress (above) I feel like I'm all dressed up for a 1970s prom. I want to frost and feather my hair, make-out with my boyfriend who will be wearing a ruffley pale blue tuxedo. It's so delicate and lovely. Pale pink blush. swoon.

This was obviously part of some 2 piece ensemble that was created for 1960s intergalatic travel. At first I thought it was just a REALLY short dress, like Nancy Sinatra wears in the "These boots are made for walkin" video, but no, i think it needs a matching set of cigarette pants. I love the belt-line detail. it's divine.

 This is AHHHHMAZING. It was quite big on me, so i'm holding it. but it has fluttery chiffon sleeves that are blouson, and this really cool rhinestone detail along the shoulders. it's this gorgeous deep turquoise polyester. I would host a swinging 1960s dinner party with fondue in this and live in an oval shaped house.

When I found this 3 PIECE SUIT I almost passed out on the floor and died. I still may go back and get it, my heart hurts just looking at this photo. It's a 3 piece, JCPenny from the 1970s suit. Little tiny vest, amazing flared pants and the GIANT lapel jacket... in the most obnoxiously vibrant Turquoise blue. Forget it, don't look at this. i'm going to get it tomorrow. i will throw elbows.

This looked better live. it's kind of a nice thick eggshell polyester. but the armholes are a cool cut-away shape and the collar is super jeweled. I was thinking this would be best worn with one of those early 90s Madonna super high ponytails that has tons of extensions and goes down the back. I'm sure this is supposed to be full length as well. I feel bad, the photo does not do it justice. Sorry Dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment