Sunday, November 11, 2012

In Search Of.... A comfortable 6 inch heel. Oxymoron?

 I have weirdly, naturally pointed shaped feet.
Yep, it's confession time... I loooooove when pointy shoes are in style, because they are so comfortable for me to wear. My arrow shaped foot fits perfectly into that toe-box and I'm happy as a clam. Lately, it seems like the rounded-toe is more in, so i bought several pairs of GORGEOUS super high rounded toe platforms with OUTRAGEOUS heel heights. I am at Kobe Bryant height in these shoes, I have a mean jump shot in them, they make my feet look glorious, they make the legs look like a gazelle's, BUT THEY ARE SO PAINFUL TO WALK IN I WANT TO CRY. but i don't, of course.

So yesterday I went "in search of" a open/peep toe version of this shoe, so my pointy toe can peek out of it and render my foot less incased in a sheath of ultimate anguish.

Tried this one on: Steve Madden Cycile Platform Pump (buy here)

Sooooooo effin gorgeous, so comfortable. Hugged my feet in an appropriate way. Gave my forefoot the perfect angle for maximum leg accentuating impact. Twas amazing. But the price tag was a bit steep.

 Next up, and my FAV!! The Lovely People Mariel Pump (buy here)

Amazingly beautiful. I love the D'Orsay styling. Love the ruffles, the shape of the heel is a perfect elongating stiletto. There is nothing bad to say about this shoe. I was dying over it.

Last, but not least... The Lulu Townsend Gretchen Pump (buy here)

This was the most comfortable. The fabric has a give, and it cradles you in a swath of gingerly lurex-y love. The only thing about this one is that I didn't feel that the heel was quite high enough. The arch of my foot did not feel to be at the correct "ballerina en-pointe" angle.

So we had a couple strike-outs, but it's always fun to try on beautiful shoes and feel like a princess from time to time!

No comments:

Post a Comment