Monday, November 5, 2012

JC - The Golden Goddess: Red Carpet Dressing


So at work we have an annual officewide meeting coming up and I get to be our version of the **Golden Globe/Oscar Gal**.  I am super stoked however I know out of all the dresses I would want to buy, they aren't very practical and am not sure when I would be able to wear it again (very much like the majority of my closet).  In any event, I did think I should give it the old college try and see what I could at least day dream about bringing home- here are my options:
 
Adrianna Papel amazes me.  Her dresses are gorgeous, hand beaded and actually affordable.  My fave is the long light blue with the cinched waist- the beaded detail was so lovely in person.  I am also a huge fan of the off the shoulder sheer beaded gown- very elegant and makes me feel like i'm almost wearing a sari.  The long beaded halter wasn't really for me- the beading was gorge but I don't really rock the halters too much- just not a fit for my body type. (See these Three lovely gowns below)




 
BCBG- what can I say, they never disappoint- this orange and pink dress was so simple and elegant (See photo below)- it didn't need crazy colors, beading or sequins, nothing flashy here just plain Jane elegance.  It was actually one of my faves although I think it would be amazing in white.

 
The gold sparkle and plain gold dresses are both by JS boutiqueThe sweet sales lady grabbed the gold and black sequin and I humored her- the top is large and made me look like an offensive lineman but I thought the gown looked great in the pic.  The long gold lame dress was actually pretty flattering but not for the $500 price tag. (See photos below)



 
French Connection- you can't see it very well from the photo but this dress (see photo below) was metallic rust color that was rad in person.  It was the typical bandage dress but was super comfy and fit great- not to mention a tenth of the price of Herve Leger (not that I wouldn't mind owing one of this dresses!).

 
 
All in all, totally loved playing dress up but sigh, it's back to reality and the suits in the am.
Love, JC

No comments:

Post a Comment