Monday, November 19, 2012

Nov 19 - Holiday Dinner Dressing (Cornbread/Oyster/etc)

What to wear is more important than anything.

Thinking about Holiday Party Outfits this week. What to wear? Go for fashion? function? Holiday Sweaters? Turkey Feather Couture? No idea. I've kind of become inspired by this house and it's total 1940s feel. I picture myself as a glamourous Donna Reed type housewife, wearing the heels and pearls everyday. Yes, this dress is made of silk, but I'm going to prepare a turkey wearing it, dammit. Because that's how we roll.
I love love love this dress. But the neckline is really low, like xiphoid process exposing low... So boom, add a V-neck T. then for more congruency and coverage, layer a couple necklaces. It's like "put a bird on it", just *put a necklace on it*. hahha.

Dress - Adrianna Papel (gift of JC)
T - Express
Necklaces - NYC street
Heels - Thrifted

I'm also wearing M's Ariel wig from halloween. I love it. It's so awesome. Actually I did have red hair a couple of years ago (see photo below). Check out how little M is, omg, such a little nugget. I'm sure I'll go red again, but I feel like my current hair-color is so easy to maintain, the red actually required so many touch ups, but it was fun. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment