Monday, November 19, 2012

AMA 2012 - Best Dressed

My fashion forecaster friend Liz, said that we were going to see a lot of lace on the red carpet for the AMAs this year, but I didn't know it was going to be THIS MUCH! I mean, almost every lady their had some lace detail, complete lace dress, lace in the face... all over the place! crazy!

Love Love Love.... Ginnifer Goodwin in Oscar de la Renta. This reminds me of something i was see at a vintage shop and INSTANTLY snap up and buy. it's so cute and mod and with her little haircut, it looks divine. oh yeah, and it has the lacy overlay.

 
BOOM. In complete lace we have Carrie Underwood in Abed Mahfouz. She's so gorgeous, and i LOVE this color, this is my color. I like the cheongsam-ish top of the dress. Very cool.

I am usually bored with a body-con dress. Yawn, they have been so overdone. But I love this with it's piecing and it's jeweling and the patterns that it is making on the body. This would look gorgeous and carve a beautiful silhouette on ANY BODY. I love it. Oh yeah, it's by Naeem Khan.

Last but not least... Amy Heidemann from "Karmin" in Falguni & Shane Peacock (twitter friends of mine) I love their stuff. This print is gorgeous. I love the cut. The peplum is placed perfectly. I wonder what my girls would do in this dress though, a full roll of duct tape may be needed for me. Way to Rock it Amy.
I hate to say it, but I feel like her hairstyle was a bit of a shark-jump.

I wish more of the ladies would have went for more creative pieces... Such as Amy's. So many things were a bit bland. This is the American Music Awards, Awards for people that are artists and that means people with personality and daring demeanors. Were people afraid of being "worst dressed"? whatever, we'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment