Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Trying Spring Trends 2013

Yesterday I was reading Harper's Bazaar and they outlined the most major trends for Spring 2013:
  • Lace/Boudoir
  • Graphic Prints
  • Black/White (Contrast)
  • Electric Super Bright Colors
  • Ethnic Prints
  • Polka Dots/Stripes
So I went to Nordstrom and tried all of these looks on for size! Here's how I did! All of these dresses are available at Nordstrom. Shoes worn throughout are Jimmy Choo "Nova" $665 at Nordies as well.

Lace/Boudoir
Oooooh I love this dress. On the rack, i did not like it. I never really go for a lace dress, i feel like it's too overt sometimes, but this one changed my mind. The under-layer is a slate blue, and it's just oh so pretty. I like that it's lacey, but not slutty at all. hahha, for lack of a better word.
Dress- Adrianna Papell - $188

Graphic Print/ High Contrast Black & White
Another one, on the rack, i thought, "This sucks.". but it doesn't. the different prints are used in a REALLY flattering way, I love the stripes across the bust-line and how it visually is kind of like a strapless illusion! whoa!
Dress- Laundry- $245

Ethnic/Graphic Print
This dress is made of the finest thickest most luxurious silk. I loved just touching it. and the fit is marvelous, like it was made for me. Jesus! Even the waist is hitting at the correct point!
I like this print too, it's very cool. Like a crisper Ikat, kind of Moroccan in a way, you know?
Dress- Milly- $380

High Contrast/Polka Dots
Love love love love this. It's cut like a little girls dress, The waist is sort of high with this super flared skirt so it makes THEM LEGGIES LOOK LOOOOOOOONG. This would be great for a summer wedding. I love how the polka dots aren't scattered in the traditional array, the abstract theme is so cute. It was being sold with this sweet little black patent bow belt, but I think it would look better with a strong COBALT blue belt.
Dress- Taylor- $148

Ethnic Print
The Maxi. I have never even tried one of these things on. One of my sophisticated Stylechatter friends is always singing the praises of the maxi, so I thought, "what the heck". The hubs loved it. I am always reluctant of a tank top bodice, I don't know why. and the skirt was so sheer and flowy and wispy, i felt like some hippie fairy queen. I did not hate it, maybe I will try one in the future.
Dress- Suzi Chin- $198

Electric Brights
Colbalt blue, not a color I do often. The fit is interesting, another thing I'm not used to. It was silky and lightweight and I think flattering? The brightness of the color makes me really happy. I think it's so cheese when "pastels" are in for spring, REALLY? are we easter eggs? NO!
Dress- Eliza J- $138

Electric Brights
This one is a "seizure inducing" SUPER BRIGHT orangey coral. ahhhhhmazing color. It has all these little origami fold details and kind of a faux-peplum! I loved it. This would be great for anything. I would wear this all over town, on a date night, work, everywhere. BCBG dresses always make me happy.
Dress- BCBG- $248

No comments:

Post a Comment