Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Power Eyebrow

In the 90s.... When I was a teen. This was our golden compass for eyebrow beauty, The Super-Thin High Arch. I don't know why we liked this. I would pluck and wax my eyebrows into this almost Clara Bow-type shape.
What they don't tell you, and what we couldn't fathom, is that when you perform this kind of eyebrow masochism on yourself, they don't come back. OR they come back patchy (as mine did). I never thought for a million years the thick eyebrow would come back, i remember looking at photos of a young Brooke Shields and thinking, "EGADS! those thick caterpillar brows are AWFUL!"

But now I've changed my mind.
Demi Lovato's  eyebrows here are pretty much what I'm going for every single day. I think the strong dark arch makes your eyes look HUGE and DOE-Y and gorgeous.

Cara Delevingne is pretty much the current "Power Brow" patron saint. I love hers especially since they are dark brown, great contrast with her blonde hair.

When I do mine I need to pencil the shit out of them. I got the One-Two-Crazy-Eyebrow Punch of not only having them *patchy* from plucking, but Blonde too. wtf. my hair isn't even naturally blonde, WHY GOD WHY?

I think Colin's eyebrows are better actors than he is. Do you really think he'd be famous without them?

Peter Gallagher, I would like to have a polygamous marriage with each of his eyebrows, but not him. Sandy Cohen was like a father figure to me.

Lily Collins (thank god she's not a clone of her daddy, hahha) also doing the perfect brow. I really think it directs the eye up.
When i do mine, i kind of try to pull a Sophia, extend the brow past it's natural point, and then do a totally-sick liquid liner that also extends past my eye, so the pointed flicks of the liner and the brow pencil kind of make the illusion of intersection. I love it. Go High Drama with the Brows or GO HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment