Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Shoulder Update *WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES*

So yesterday I went to see a doctor about getting a PRP injection into my TOTALLY FUCKED UP SHOULDER.
PRP is Platelet Rich Plasma, so basically they draw your blood.
 Centrifuge it to concentrate your own platelets, due to the magical properties they have.
 And then they inject the platelets back into injured areas so that it can repair damage.

According to the Doctor, my shoulder is MASSIVELY BEYOND damaged for this therapy to work. It kind of looks like this:

 Every surface is compromised. There is no natural anatomy left. My bones are full of cracks and cysts, the shape of everything is warped. There are bone spurs, my soft tissues are trashed... It just sucks.

I have no idea what my next step is. I guess it's Total Shoulder Replacement. This is freaking me out. I mean look at this shit
 Are you fucking kidding me?
So I've been researching this crap and everything, EVEN THE gifs are depicting OLD people getting shoulder replacements. Look at this:


 See that face? That's not a 33 year old face. That's like a 83 year old face.

 The doctor was saying that, getting a replacement isn't an age thing... It's a quality of life thing. If I am not able to have the quality of life that I want, this is my option, to get a new *metal* shoulder.
But to me, it's not even about that.

I just think of all the time I'm going to be out of commission... How the kids are going to react to this... All the people I'm going to have to rely on to help me with the kids...
I just don't want it. I just want to be a normal person.

I don't know how to think about this. I'm just totally flabbergasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment