Monday, September 23, 2013

**EMMYS 2013** My Top 10 Best Dressed

After I awoke from my post-bday lunch vodka nap, I saw on Twitter a flurry of high ranking Fashion Editors ragging on A-Listers for evening gown choices....

and I knew it must be EMMYS NIGHT!!! YAYYAYAYYAYAYAYY!!! I love redcarpet fash!

Damn, everyone looked good. I loved it. Such drama. Many mermaid gowns. Lots of fun. It was spectacular. Here are my FAVIES:

1. Skyler *Freaking* White in Romona Keveza
ok ok ok, her real name is Anna Gunn. But I just adore when actors can make such a departure from their own persona for a role. This IS VERY MUCH NOT A SKYLER LOOK. It's an Anna look, and that is wonderful. The worst is when an actor just plays "themselves" forever (like Jennifer Aniston), is that really acting. But really I just love the snot out of Breaking Bad and everyone on it so there.

2. My forever love Christina Hendricks in my other forever love Christian Siriano
 I want Christian to design something for me so that I look like a perfect coke-bottle hourglass. I mean DAYUM. Ahhh, and I love Christina's *brown-butter toasted caramel* hair color. That's got to be so nice, I think i would lose my mind if I had the same hair color for 10 trillion years, even if she does rock the socks out of that crimson Joan Holloway red.

3. Claire Danes in Armani Prive'
 This is just so damn elegant. She looks like a ballerina on crack. haha, just kidding. This is a great example of how clothes can augment a body type, Claire has a 10 mile long torso, but the distinct waist of this gown makes it look proportional and also, just gives the extra length to her legs, aka uber flattering. Awesome.

4. Kerry Washington in Marchesa
 this is sooooooo pretty. omg. it just takes my breath away. I love that about Marchesa, they aren't trying to do *dead seckzy* they aren't trying to do *space cadet modern* they just want to do pretty, and they do it perfectly. The gauzy tulle, the flowers, it's just magical and beautiful and looks like she flew in on a cloud.

5. Kiernan Shipka in Delpozo
So young and fun. I love this look on her. She is an effervescent lady and this dress exemplifies that. I'm sure there were people that hated on it, but they can just suck it. Don Draper will kick their ass.

6. Laura Dern in Naeem Khan
 Laura, I hate your face, but I love your dress. That detail work is just KILLING ME. And the soft coral color, it's just so so damn good. It's so perfect that it makes me look past her fluffy puppy-ear hairstyle and give her a Red Carpet A+

7. Lily Rabe in Vionnet
Little known fact: Lily Rabe is the sister of Broccoli Rabe, my favorite vegetable. So yes, I am probably biased in selecting her as one of my best dressed, but that's how nepotism works.

8. Sarah Silverman in Stop Staring (for $60)
 Well it was 60 bucks, but now It's $152, which still is cheap! (buy it here)
Sarah knows bengaline is a girls best friend. I love that she just scored it online too. I've never been a huge fan of Sarah's because I get tired of the "I'm a really pretty girl that makes fart jokes" schtick. But now I like her because of this dress, and these SICK NASTEE SHOES OMGOMGOMGOMG!!
 The shoes are by Walter Steiger and are on sale (buy them here) for $382. But they are RIDICULOUS! I LOVE THEM. That curved heel is so gorgeous it should be illegal. I can't even deal i love it so much.

9. Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang
I am extremely confident that if I wrapped Sofia in duct tape she would look like a trillion buck bombshell, this lady is just flawless. I mean, are you kidding me? this body? the red? OUT. OF. CONTROL.

10. Tina Fey in Narciso Rodriguez
Remember all those times on 30 Rock where Liz Lemon would self depricate about eating hoagies and having a "big can"? I seriously want to slap her face. Look at this beauty. I mean, nothing could be better than her in this color, this fit, this silhouette. it's just breath taking. Liz Lemon out.

F YEAH AWARDS SEASON!

No comments:

Post a Comment