Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Miley Cyrus Axed From Vougue Cover...


Happy Tuesday!

                                                  

This morning is very busy and I don't know were to begin. So lets start with Miley Cyrus who was axed from her upcoming December cover on Vogue. Editor in chief Anna Wintour decided Mileys performance at the VMA's was distasteful and therefore she shall not grace the coveted cover of Vogue. Ouch!! That's gotta hurt and I feel sorry for Miley. She's a young lady with so much wealth and she desperately wants to be taken seriously. She wants to be an adult. From what I've read Mileys pr team haven't responded to Wintours decision. Again, I like Miley Cyrus and I get why she's doing what she's doing. At the same time she has an album set to be released in October. Here's the thing with over the top artist, we as the public get so caught in the antics we forget about the music. Who knew Cyrus had a new album to be released? There's a fine line between being know for theatrics and music. I think Lady Gaga is an artist who walks that fine line. Do you think Miley is too racy and should tone it down a bit?


                                         

Robin Quivers announced her battle with cancer. I read the other day she went for a routine check up and discover a grapefruit size tumor in her uterus. She was battling the disease for a year privately with the support of Howard Stern. Its currently trending that her cancer is in remission. She's really hope for many people who have the disease and show that with support all things are possible. I wish Robin the best.

                                              

Wentworth Miller Attempt Suicide...

First let me say I had no idea Wentworth Miller is gay. The actor recently reveal his sexuality after rumors swirled around him for years. After declining an invitation to Russia because "people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly." I think it's awesome the dashingly handsome actor is open and honest about his personal life. I'm sure there's a sense of relief . Back in 2007 he squashed gay  rumours in German Instyle by going on record professing her wanted to settle with a wife and children. In our society issues like race and homosexuality are hot topics. I've heard  many celebrities hide their sexual orientation because they fear it will hinder there careers. I have two reasons why I wanted to post this story because first, I had a classmate who committed suicide and secondly, I admire people who are true to themselves. When people close to you comment suicide its usually when you least expect. There are no visible signs they want to take their own lives. It was devastating news when my professor announced her took his own life. I'm an advocate of just being yourself and not apologing for it... Besides who else can you be?

That's it for this post. Have a great day!!

"beauty is a lifestyle"

No comments:

Post a Comment