Thursday, August 15, 2013

High End Label Binge

Sometimes I just get in a mood where I need to put on some Gucci. You know what I mean? It's just that sumptuous fabric and the construction and lining of Super High End clothing that my dreams are made of. I love my vintage, but I love my Lacroix too. 



So I went to Neiman Marcus and got my body into some of these clothes. Ahhhh, It's like being back home. The difference between these clothes and ones from mass-retailers is apparent as soon as you try them on. The seaming is made for a woman's body, the cuts are purposeful, the fabrics and everything is very thought out. This all makes me very happy. 

1. Gucci
 The top portion is silk, and the bottom is silk crepe. Putting it on feels like draping yourself in liquid. This dress has the Mary Tyler Moore vibe I love.

2. Mary Katrantzou
 I always love her prints, but this dress was really a bit short on me. The color and fabric are divine. I just don't like a sleeveless on me. It's something about that tank top look that I can't handle.
It retails for $1,729 (purchase here)

3. Stella McCartney 
 I love this dress. It's Neoprene and Tweed with a little proper white cotton collar for primness. Neoprene had been done by a lot of designers (Balenciaga, Lanvin) and I'd never gotten to try one on. The fit and feel of the neoprene is AWESOME. It kind of draws your body in and conforms, feels like it is part of you. I love it.
Here it is on the runway...
On singer Brandy...
On Miroslava Duma...
On Marlo Hampton...
JESUS. Everyone loves it. Retails for about $2,214

4. Tadashi Shoji
 Actually a random woman saw me looking at this and said, "That would look MARVELOUS on you." Well, damn, i'll try it on then! :-) I do love it. Tadashi has been doing so well on the red carpet in the last couple years, you see their designs everywhere. This dress is just lovely. The overall lace and the blue detail is so flattering. I would get this in a heartbeat (someone get married, please). It's only $395 ! (buy it here)

5. Dolce & Gabbana
Sometimes there are clothes that when you put them on and they make you look better than you every imagined yourself, and this Dolce dress is it. I sent this to my husband, and he said, "You look like Joan from MadMen!" since I think she's the most gorgeous woman on earth I was so complimented! The shape, material & seaming are making me look far curvier than I am, and THANK YOU FOR THAT. Gorg. It's only $2,125. Someone buy it for me here (click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment