Friday, June 21, 2013

Vintage Binge

Last weekend I had a modeling job in Royal Oak, so I figured while I was there I might as well hit some of my favie Vintage stores, since my hunger for 1960s/70s dresses is NEVER sated. 

First I went to Paris in Royal Oak:
506 S Washington
Royal OakMI 48067

I love this store, there is a boy that works here that is from Mexico City that has the best style I've ever seen on any man ever. THIS GUY (click here scroll down mid-way, he's in a tie and vest. #swoon)
At Paris there were a lot of things I have actually modeled before and things that I have seen at other vintage places, since the vintage clothing game in the D is kind of incestuous. 

I did find 2 total new gems, that I did want to take home:
 Can you see this Pucci-esque print? omg. AND the most important thing is that this is a 1960s dress that has seaming designed for a 6 footer such as myself!!! omg!! This was actually made for a tall woman! JOY!!

The saleswoman picked this one out for me, and oh lawd yes, I DO love it. Great print, I love the sleeves, I love the color, everything.
 No Idea why i'm making this face, maybe someone opened up a can of rotten clams behind me.

Next I went to Lost & Found Vintage in Royal Oak:

510 S Washington Ave  Royal Oak, MI 48067
(248) 548-6154

I love love love love love this store. I like how it looks, I love all the salespeople, my friend Leslie works
there and she is awesome. They have great stuff. omg. Look what I found:

 Late 60s/ early 70s "I'm GONNA MAKE IT AFTER ALL!" Mary Tyler Moore dress. Perfect fit. I love the print. I love the collar and cuffs. This is outstanding.

Now this is just an amazing find, I have never seen anything like this before:
 1960s dress and jacket suit. with rhinestone ball buttons on the jacket in flawless condition. This is a *Holy Grail* find. It was not made for a tall person unfortunately. The seaming is all for someone I'd say is about 5'6''? BUT IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!
Check out the detail and the lurex thread in the fabric. TAKES MY BREATH AWAY!

This one here I really think I need to go back for. I have never seen a print like this.
I'd say it's 1970s, with this TOTES AMAZE postcard print I am dying over. Check it:
Are you kidding me? It was a bit boxy in the torso, but nothing a belt couldn't fix. Yeah, I think I need that in my life. It also had a full zip up the front and a giant collar, which are both my jammm.

Another funny thing I was doing was trying lipsticks. I've never really been a lipstick girl, but with my short hair I think it's kind of needed. I've never really found a red I really really liked. So I tried a couple "orange" toned reds on for size. Since they are so on-trend:
This one is Stila "Valentina", it's kind of a gloss balm, very moisturizing and great color. These "oranges" seem to be reading "red" on my skin-tone, which kind of makes me sad.

So then I tried a REAL ORANGE orange lipstick:
Kat Von D in "A Go Go" more of a creamy matte texture, very opaque; which I liked. but still, not looking very red. I did like it very much though.
What do you think?

PS- if you would like any of these dresses, let me know. email me at readydressedgo@gmail.com and I can pick them up for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment