Friday, June 21, 2013

Novelty Brooch Friday

Ok, so this is going to sound so weird, but I just kind of *happened upon* this awesome group of Australian vintage fashion bloggers, and I just love their style, they're funny, they all dress impeccably, I just love them. I adore peeking in on their fun aesthetics every single day.

I mean LOOK AT THEM!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!???! GET ME ON A PLANE TO AUSTRALIA STAT!

So last night I saw that Miss Claire (2nd from Left, standing) of the TunaBake Times (click here to check it) does some sort of thing called "Novelty Brooch Friday". And I decided to join in on the fun.



How cute is this 1950s kitty?
The novelty brooches that they post and wear are pretty much all vintage or handmade, it's awesome. They are all pretty cheeky in style, which I of course am all about.

I couldn't find any in my house, I believe they are all pinned on Barbie dresses... oh well. So I thought LET'S MAKE ONE!!
We had some awesome duct tape that M got for her birthday, so I thought a *duct tape rose boutonniere* would be just lovely.

We found this SUPER CUTE tutorial that some little boy made. adorbs.


And M and I made THIS:
HOW COOL!?
I'm totally doing it next friday. Let me know if you want to join the fun! #noveltybroochfriday on instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment