Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How to make your man happy and look fantastic

The three things that my husband hates most in the world are:

  • Worldwide Nuclear War
  • Shopping for his own clothing
  • Picking out outfits for work
So for his birthday this year I thought I would solve TWO of these problems for him. I'm working on the 3rd. :-)

I decided to make him up these *Men's Clothing Bento Boxes* so that all he would have to do when he woke up in the morning is open up one of the boxes and everything he needed to get ready for the day is right in there.
I had both kids with me, so i needed to think of a store that had everything from shoes to shirts, under one roof. BR popped into my head first, so off we went.

First I looked for pants. Flat-front is the only way. I will argue with anyone who disagrees. I found these gorgeous Tailored Slim Fit Italian Wool Suit Trousers:
Beautiful sensuous hand to this fabric. So I took them in all colors. (purchase here)

Next was shirts, The Slim-Fit Non-Iron Textured Solid Shirt was perfect:
I wanted solid color/neutral everything so that he can have good "building-blocks" and does not have to worry about matching, everything goes together in any combo. (purchase the shirt here)

I picked up underpants, socks, and those lovely Pima cotton undershirts they have.

Also, I found two pairs of great shoes, Stonewash prefers a slip-on style:
The Branson Penny Loafer-
Great Sleek Low-Profile shoe (get it here)

and the Foster Dress Loafer-
I think this is very Italian- Campari alfresco looking (here it is)

I also had Missy Miss pick out some ties for Daddy, and since she is FREAKING ON POINT with Fashion, she picked out exclusively skinny ties from the BR Mad Men Collection, like these:
Again, all the ties are pretty basic tones, so that they can go with any of the shirt colors. It's MAN PROOF. hahha.

So that EVERY SINGLE DAY without putting forth ANY EFFORT WHATSOEVER, Stonewash ends up looking like this for work:
YOU'RE WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment