Sunday, September 2, 2012

Trend Du Jour - Menswear


So every single Fall since the dawn of time, the same trends get marched out from their hovel of hibernation where apparently they stay for the remainder of the year...
We talk about "Warm Tones", "Cashmere", "Tweeds", "Leather" and "MENSWEAR".
*Don't borrow from the boys!* they say. But I did.
My husband has many suits, just waiting to be plucked by me from the closet and transformed into a lovely Marlene Dietrich ensemb fit for a femme fatale, such as myself. I am kind of loving the *gigantic* shoulder padding look, lends to a very "wasp" waist. Which as you know is VERY "New Look"

This look required lots and lots of safety pins, and a wide strong belt.
Men's Business Suit - Husband's
Belt - Target
Heels - Thrifted
Hat - Target
Faux Cigarette - A white crayon

The legendary Miss Marlene Dietrich.

Helmut Newton's "Le Smoking". I live and die for this photo. Perfection.

Ahh, Bianca Jagger. Suit-wearer extraordinaire. I lose my mind over this. Look at that face. Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment