Friday, September 14, 2012

New York Fashion Week Favorites Recap

Although I was unable to attend NYFW, I was there in spirit and I watched EVERY SINGLE RUNWAY SHOW over the internet, thank god for internet. So here were the jewels of the week in my mind. Lots of beauty and creative energy, movement and lady-like goodness. I was so happy. 

 1. Katya Leonovich - Very futuristic detailing and oceanic colors. I loved this leather pieced bodice with the fluid skirt. So beautiful. Gorgeous headpieces. And I loved these shoulder-less jackets they had

 2. Lela Rose - Very lady-like silhouettes. Women who lunch, go to Neiman's, wear enormous jewels. I thought this tea-length gown with black straps was divine. Very Chanel-esque fabric with futuristic seaming. Great shoes, wedges with cut-outs that I was dying for.

 3. Mathieu Mirano -  Great dresses, they had some RTW separates that I was freaking out over like a grey print shift and a white skirt suit.

 4. Monique Lhuillier - LOVE this strapless dress in the mermaid print. The whole collection was done in this "Under the Sea" type prints and colors. It was gorgeous with A-line skirts and great gowns.

 5. Norisol Ferrari - Very *Film Noir* costumey type clothing, in a good good way. I loved it. Neutral color palette, with gorgeous nipped waist blazers. She used legendary models in her show, such as Carol Alt (seen above). Next time I'm available, Nori!! :-)

 6. Rafael Cennamo - SO BEAUTIFUL!! HIGH DRAMA! All gorgeous evening wear. I was freaking out.

7. Art Institute of NYC - I just love REAL art/fashion, clothing as a wearable sculpture and this group brought that in spades. How can you not love this frilly evening gown COMPLETE WITH IT'S OWN HELMET?? *Safety First*

8. W118 - All of the models were wearing headphones for the show. I really hope they were actually listening to music of their choice, that would be neat to find out what each girl chose. I love all the prints. I love the color combonations, like this light blue and persimmon shift, and the orange shirt with the "navajo" print. genius.

9. Zac Posen - Can do no wrong. Everything was absolutely perfection. I love the high drama evening with lots of strong seaming and beautiful tiers. He also did a lot of mermaid-skirt gowns that i love.

 10. Zang Toi - Beautiful ruffles, Rich, Romantic, Lady-Like Pastels. I have worn a lot of their stuff for evening. Opulent and Lovely.

11. Badgley Mischka - Everything was gorgeous. This coral gown with silver made me pass out from wonderfulness. Don't you just want to be swept around a ballroom floor by Cary Grant in this gown?

 12. Brandon Sun - I love this. Yeah, it's not new or innovative, but it's just well done. I like the sharp shoulders and the all over crocodile with the clean white belt and collar.

 13. Carolina Herrera - M did not like this collection. I have no idea why. LOL. I LOVED THIS tattoo detail dress. So lovely. They did some amazing blazer/trench coats. Great color blocking and palette.

14. Custo Barcelona - I always love their clothing. Great colors, great prints, great everything. They did some amazing Men's blazers too with cool colors and block/piecing/seaming. Very cool.

 15. Falguni & Shane Peacock - MY HANDS-DOWN FAVORITE OF THE WHOLE WEEK!! Innovative, futuristic, great colors, amazing prints. I loved the cuts and the detailing. So awesome. I can't wait to see more from them. This is what I want to wear.

 16. Herve Leger by Max Azria - I was really happy to not see the bandage dresses that we have seen every starlet wear for the last 15 years. I liked the A-lines. They did some AWESOME geometric prints that I was panting over. like this dress above.

17. Marc Jacobs - Shut the hell up, can you stand this jumpsuit? Don't you want to jump in and grab it to wear forever??? Ahhhhhh, I just love this. Esp the burgundy and white one. So awesome.

 18. Alice & Olivia - I loved their whole collection. Every single piece I would wear. So great. This dress was the real showstopper. Such a beautiful print, fit, great styling, everything very ladylike and would look good on everyone!

19. Reem Acra - doesn't it take your breath away? ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Just a confection in pink and white and sparkles. Seriously a dress fit for a princess. They also did great laser-cut separates that I liked.


WHEW!! If you didn't see something from your fav designer it's because I didn't like it and I only say nice things!! **hugs** :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment