Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thrifting - Labor Day Edition

had a great day thrifting with my girl. it was so incredibly crowded and insane. apparently everyone and their brother were out trolling for vintage clothes. I love it. We found some hilarious stuff. 
This dress is just so hilariously *Dynasty* the foam in the shoulder pads is literally 4 inches thick. I was freaking out over the sequin-work. M loooooved it, she loved the black beading all over the dress. As with all dresses of this sort, it weighed about 50 pounds, but it was worth every ounce in glittery 80s FABULOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!! So Linda Richman. "Coffee Talk" 555-4444. hahahha. 


Yes, Mama, this dress is good.


Are we taking it home now?


This green one below I also just was in love with. I know this was worn to some Sixteen Candles type 1980s prom. it's handmade, and those sleeves were puffed with someone's tender, loving care. I was thinking of wearing this for my Birthday Party. It's the more horrid, shiny taffeta. So reflective it can probably be seen on the moon.


This dress below did not photograph well. it's a gold/teal taffeta, most definitely a bridesmaid's dress (which i also have a fetish for) and it has this great strange train that doesn't really follow you, it just kind of drags off the side. I hope the couple of the wedding this was worn for are happy and still together. :-)


This little white dress kind of looked like a costume to me, for a dance recital or something. it had full boning and a little crinoline, but wasn't really super well made, more like a costume that you would obvs just be wearing for your GRANDE PERFORMANCE and that's all. But isn't life just a *grande performance*? Yes, my dears. It is. PS- i don't like strapless dresses so i didn't get it.


Inquiries on any of these readydressedgo@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment