Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sept 11 - Vanessa

First of All, Hugs and Love to all of you on this day...

I remember being in the computer lab in college when the first plane hit. I thought, "that's weird! whoa! how awful!" but never expected what was next to actually happen.
My best friend/roommate's sister worked at the World Trade Center. My other good friend's dad worked at the Pentagon. We were all huddled around our snow-sifted no-cable TV trying to get channel 4 to come in so that we could watch coverage of *whatever it was* that was happening. My brother called and screamed "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" into the phone. I was supposed to go to Italy to study abroad the next semester. That was cancelled.
Were we supposed to go to class that afternoon? No one knew what to do. I went, and we just watched TV at the tennis center. Everyone silent and trying to process. As the days went by and the coverage on TV turned to family members trying to find their survivor loved ones, I just couldn't hold back the tears. I am guilty of being highly emotive and all of this was just too much. It was like I could literally feel the pain of hundreds of thousands of people beating in my chest, and it weakened me into a blubbering mess.

Sweater - Le Tigre
Dress - Neiman's
Belt - H&M
Shoes - Target
Necklaces - About 4 of them that were broken and tangled in my jewelry box so i just put them on that way
"Chola Style" earrings - stolen/borrowed from a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment