Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nail Art and Mark Rothko *let's get deep*

 My Nails.

Mark Rothko's "Untitled" 1953.

I received compliments from two different 4 year olds on my nails today, neither of them my daughter, although she liked them too. They are obviously getting it. Rothko also thought children had a better mind for art, describing and asserting themselves in a manner that is more true to heart. I agree.

I think my main modus operandi for dressing and life is very Rothko-esque. He used these rectangles of color to wrap the viewer in an experience, for the person to feel the vibrations of the colors against each other. There is something clearly electric in visually looking at two striking hues touching back to back, like it lights up sensory centers in your mind, lighting up mine to feel joy and energy.

The nail colors came from an AMAZING set that I was gifted from my lovely laydeez Jeneh and Jennifer. A set called Skullicious by OPI...
The colors are gorgeous, I instantly thought of what i would do with them, and then I thought of that Rothko and knew that would be my first project. I hope he's proud of me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment