Sunday, August 26, 2012

Coming up Roses- Very Vintage! - JC


Ok, so I've said my peace about statement necklaces- love love love them and could wear them everyday. I still felt the need to share this- I love vintage jewelry like Nessa loves to thrift. (editor's note: this means you love it so much that it borders on obsession!!! LOL)

I own a decent collection of unique pieces and I will literally do my hair and make-up and toss on a nice outfit JUST to wear some of this stuff to the grocery store, post office or pick up carry out for dinner. I love my vintage jewerly and often incorporate it with some of my outfits at work. The funny part in all of this is that I do own some very sparkly David Yurman pieces and even some handmade jewelry from a special store in the Caribbean and I STILL get more compliments on my vintage. It doesn't actually surprise me at all- it's colorful, bold and has character. It's always fun to wonder who owned it before you and clearly they loved it because it's in such great shape years later. I feel like it's my personal duty to take care of it AND to actually not let it collect dust but to flaunt it like it deserves. Above is probably the next piece you'll see me wearing when i'm grabbing my Starbucks.
By, JC 

No comments:

Post a Comment