Friday, August 24, 2012

August 24 - Vanessa


A silk-satin evening gown for day? Why not.
Topped with a cotton T shirt, it takes it down a notch, right? haha, this dress also has a train. I wonder how that will play out while i'm grocery shopping today.
I've had this dress for awhile. I bought it to wear to a wedding, but then thought that it looked too much like a wedding dress itself, and of course I didn't want to upstage the bride. So I put it back in my closet and was a good girl and put on a shift.
The dress is amazing. I'm assuming 1920s/30s? it has a low asymmetrical back and a lot of construction in the bodice so that you don't have to wear any "underpinnings". Bonus! The color is lovely, esp years ago when i was very tan, it's such a lovely thick material, the shine of it is almost iridescent.
The T shirt fortunately has a neckline that lets that lovely cowl draping peek out.

T shirt - Express
Vintage Dress - Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment