Thursday, July 18, 2013

ESPYs 2013 *Best Dressed!*

I love Sports ALMOST as much as I like Fashion, so the ESPY awards for me are just a wonderful little *Christmas in July*

Also, since I think athletes are so beautiful, it's just a wonderful bit of candy for all of our eyes.
-You're Welcome-

So criteria for me in being best dressed is FIT 100%. An athlete is a person with BODY, a man with POWER LEGGIES for realz. I looked through 300 photos tonight, and SO MANY dudes had ill-fitting suit pants. If you are 6'6'' and 300 lbs, you gotta get that shiz custom, and if it's custom it has GOT TO BE FLAWLESS. NO EXCUSES.

I'll do the men first, than the laydeez...

Here are our golden gods:

1. NBA player DeMarcus Cousins
 That suit fit is ON POINT. Perfection. I love the classic dove-gray color. The modern slim fit. The collar on the shirt and the tie, amazing. The material of the suit looks very very rich & supple. Gorg.

2. NBA player Kenneth Faried
 I am usually not a fan of the contrast suit jacket & pants. I saw some other men at the ESPYs with a white jacket and black pants, and I just think the combo looks cheap and not well thought out. It breaks up the body, and I feel that the point of a suit is to bring the body together and highlight it's finest points. The colors are great on Mr. Faried as well. The rich cream suit brings warmth to his face, the lavender shirt looks marvelous on his skin, and the burgundy pant is a soft contrast, not the hard which would have been a black or navy.

 3. Swim Stud Michael Phelps

Very MadMen inspired suit here, this was obviously made for him specifically and the seaming and piecing melts around his physique like liquid. It's just gorgeous on him.

4. NFL player Rob Jackson
 For Mr. Jackson here, another just magically cut suit. I love that the jacket is massive for his huge chest and arms, but the pants are slim for his wiry legs. Most of the guys tonight were doing the one-button jacket, which is SUPER ON TREND and looks fantastic. Bravo.

5. NFL *Jack of All Football Trades* Brad Smith
So very few guys can become pro-football players, let alone play ALL KINDS OF CRAZY POSITIONS and rock out at them! High fives, bud. The hand of this fabric is just so delicious and luxurious that I want to snuggle up and take a nap in it. Great modern slim cut. Pretty conservative color, but the shine and the tonal striping keep it young and fun.

And now Our Golden Goddesses!:

1. Basketball player, news anchor, disease CONQUERER Robin Roberts

I love Robin, she's so beautiful and graceful, and has just kept everything positive forever and she is just looking MARVELOUS tonight in this red gown.
There was another woman in a similar dress, some chick from "Dancing with the Stars", but Robin, who is probably twice the other chicks age, LOOKED A TRILLION TIMES BETTER!! Take that!
Robin just embodies strength in character for me, I look up to her so much.

2. NFL player Terrell Suggs' wife, Candace.
grrrrl, you werq that. You can see Terrell is saying to himself, "HELL YEAH THIS IS MY WIFE"

All I can say is DAYUM. What a freaking beauty. I OBVIOUSLY love the short hair, and she is rocking some strong eyebrows and a fierce gaze. I love the marigold color on her, and the metallic belt is so *on trend* and waist defining. I just think this lady is so gorgeous, I had to include her.

3. Gymnastics Sprite Gabby Douglas in Izmaylova
 Look how grown up she is!! Omg! She looks marvelous and womanly, and with a teeny tiny athletic build, I'm sure it's difficult to find something you love that isn't overwhelming your frame. WAY TO GO BEAUTY!

4. Tennis Kitten Maria Sharapova in J. Mendel
I usually dislike her clothing choices and hairstyling choices, but I think tonight she looks really edgy and cool and fashion-y and I love it. She looks like some gorgeous rich girl from Amsterdam on a Street Style blog and that is a super good thing.

5. Bieber-Prey Selena Gomez in Dolce & Gabbana
I love the color, the bronze detail, the sleeves look great, the length is perfect, makes her legs look amazing. Look at that perfect mane of hair, I want to shave her head and fashion it into a wig for myself if I ever want long hair again. She kept the shoe simple, but the dress has enough going on, it's cool.

6. Super Smirker McKayla Maroney in Saunder
Fashion People "poo-poo'd" this dress. But I like it. It's young and fun and she's trying to do an Old Hollywood homage with the red lips and this is a great way for a young lady to do it. I don't want my young athletic women looking like a wannabe Jessica Rabbit, I want them looking like McKayla.

BEST HAIR AWARD!!
Hands DOWN IS going to Former NBA'er Elgin Baylor
I love whatever this is. It's like a Ken Doll helmet with these perfect plastic sculpted curls and it's just beautiful. He's 78 years old and one of the best basketball players of all time and can wear WHATEVER THE HELL HE WANTS ON HIS HEAD thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment