Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Die Skinny Jeans Die

Skinny Jeans. 

It took me awhile to love you. I was so steeped in the ways of my perfectly cut trouser jeans that I swore I'd never let you into my heart. But with patience you won me over. 

Celebs love the skinny jeans, Miranda Kerr rocks the hell out of them:

But by god! Can't we have something different this year? PLEASE! It's almost been 10 years of Skinny Jean domination, this dictatorship needs to come to an end. We need a Military Coup.

I was flipping through the Resort 2014 runway looks last night and HALLELUJAH it looks like different pants shapes are on the horizon. Witness.
 These Derek Lam denim trousers are just awesome. Look how insanely flattering they are. On ANY woman, the waist is falling at the smallest part of the torso, and then you get this LONG CONTINUOUS CLEAN LINE all the way to the toes making you look like a gorgeous fluid sensuous giraffe no matter what your height. Bravo Mr. Lam.

These pants by J.W. Anderson I love only because they are different. I know last season you would have seen this tunic top with a skinny pant, but KICK THAT IN THE TEETH, now you get this voluminous bottom that will make the top appear slim and streamlined, and formalizes the look.

 This type of pant, by Chloe, has always been my jam. I love a low slung wide leg trouser, there's just something old hollywood about it to me. It's comforting, like a modern Katherine Hepburn look. Also there is a movement to a pant like this, it's not merely ADHERED to the body. That has romance to me.

 Ohhhh yes and Louis Vuitton, you know I love a "no shoe" look. Probably since I'm the proud owner of sasquatch feet, I remember years ago I had a pair of pants that entirely covered my shoes and I just felt SO DAINTY in them. Lol! This look is crisp, lean, a Royal Blue Bianca Jagger. So good. Long uninterrupted lines - endless leggies.

I'm a sucker for contrast piping. This Rochas pair have a beautiful color combination. and the louche easy glamour of a Parisian woman that does nothing but smoke, drink wine and read Tolstoy all day.

Even Miranda has jumped on the roomy pants wagon!! See!!

So yeah, keep your skinnys for tucking into boots and the like, but let's ALL try a new pant cut for the new year! That's what fashion is for! Fun & Discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment