Thursday, January 9, 2014

Best Dressed at the People's Choice Awards 2014

YAY! The first show of awards season!! I'm so happy! I love the glamour. 

The People's Choice Awards however, seemed to lack a bit of glamour. A lot of the stars dressed rather conservatively and boring, or cheap & trashy, I have no idea why. Some fashion people loved it & said it was a fresh take compared to all the *skin bearing/ skin shaming* of the 2013 Awards Season. What do you think?


Regardless of that, I picked THESE FIVE LAYDEEZ for my best dressed: 

Adelaide Kane in Rhea Costa
 This dress is angelic and sweet without being vulgar, we saw Kim Kardashian do vulgar white lace on her birthday (click here for that atrocity).
Everything fits in a pristine way. I have a pet peeve of exposed bodice cups that spill over & don't actually fit "the girls" but this one fits like it was made for her. Waist hits perfectly. I love the pop of green clutch. it's lovely. The only thing I could critique is that I do not like the shoe. I would have done a nude strappy, or a royal blue pump.

Allison Williams in David Koma
So GORGEOUS!! I love this dress on her!! I am usually an anti-midi length, but this is really working. David Koma is one of my favorite designers right now. I adore his modern, artistic style. This dress is from his Spring 2014 collection which you can see here (click here) EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL, you can see Allison Williams dress above on the runway, it's look 24. It looks as good on her as it does on the model. The runway model however has a better shoe on. I do not like this shoe on Allison, it's too matchy matchy.

Jennifer Hudson in Kaufman Franco
J.Hud is a babe. I love the pixie. Thank god she is keeping it. It looks marvelous on her, she looks like a bonafide SUPER STAR.
This dress is simple, but it's perfect as well. I love the minimal accessories, the shoes are perfect, makeup hair everything AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

Olga Fonda in Armani
I love that she looks dangerous, like an evil woman spy assassin. It's Armani so the fit is obviously spectacular, it's dramatic and new and fun. The contrast of the strappy upper half with the modest bottom half is very interesting to me. I just think this looks very 2014 and that makes me happy.

Sara Bareilles in Jill Stuart
This is cute and quirky, flawless for an artsy musician like her. I would wear this dress for sure. Also, I put her in here because I felt SO BAD for her during her performance at the Awards where she was just singing bad notes left and right and i wanted to hug her and tell her it was ok. Poor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment