Monday, November 25, 2013

AMA 2013 Red Carpet Best Dressed!

Ooooooh, you know I love Awards Show Fashion & the American Music Awards are always so much fun. 
A lot of the ladies were bringing solids this year, especially a lot of black, white & red. 
Low cut necklines, keyholes, AND high necks were all over the red carpet. 

I thought these ladies did it EDGY, ROCK N ROLL, MUSIC-FABULOUS. (and just right now I realized every dress I picked was black, LOL)

1. Ciara in J. Mendel

 Holy Crap is she beautiful. It's unreal. I love this dress on her, it highlights every perfect inch of her, and I think that she looks better in the gown than the runway model! (below)

2. Katy Perry in Oscar de la Renta
 I generally do not like what Katy Perry wears. Yes she is a gorgeous young woman, but I feel that usually she goes for too-tight, over the top cleave, without ample support for her girls.
This dress looks like something Scarlett O'Hara or Maria from "Sound of Music" would make from their curtains, and for me that is a good thing, and I fully appreciate this look. *slow clap*

3. Kesha in Michael Costello
( PS- I am refusing to use the dollar sign in her name, that is just not happening.)
At first I was like, "who is this?!"
KESHA!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Usually she looks like she crawled out of an hourly motel after a 48 hour meth binge/rave.
Some fashion friends of mine were critical of this look and said they like the "Crazy Kesha" better. But I like this.
SHOW THAT QUADZILLA, KESHA! I always do. You earned the right, sister.
You look beautiful, poised and healthy. Bravo.

4. MC Lyte!
 "Hello, my name is MC Lyte, I am 43 years old and I look better than bitches 20 years younger than me." BOOM.
She's just a radiant beauty, and it's hard to believe that her hey-day of fame was SO LONG AGO!
I mean, the LEGS, the MAKEUP, the HAIR, i love her.

5. Naya Rivera in Michael Kors
 I love this hair, I think I used to do this hair, and now I miss it. :-(
The styling is on point. I love the gold cuffs over the wrists of the dress.
This girl is a great comedic actress, she is drop dead beautiful, I always think she should be a bigger star.
The mermaid silhouette is so dramatic, she just looks like a million bucks.

6. Rihanna in Jean Paul Gaultier couture
I think I just have a crush on her and she can do no wrong in my eyes. 
The thing about Rihanna is that no matter how outlandish the garments she wears are, SHE WEARS THEM, the clothes don't WEAR her. Do you know what I mean? 
She rocks her looks with full confidence and attitude. 
Look at her just sitting here, "I know I'm a goddess..."

I do not do worst dressed lists, but there were several wonderful talented young ladies that wore things that they just didn't look comfortable in, like the fabric was standing away from their skin aching to jump right off. That's too bad.

LET'S ALL JUST BE LIKE RIHANNA.

No comments:

Post a Comment