Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18 - Vanessa (vintage 70s)


I have always thought of myself as a 1950s/60s type vintage girl, but lately, i have been really into some 1970s styles. I really think that this era is more flattering on my body. I mean, think of Pam Grier and Mary Tyler Moore, I love the clothes they wore. More of a powerful woman attitude to dressing.
This dress is AMAZINGLY FLAWLESS. I saw it on a mannequin at a great vintage store and i had to ask to try it on. The color is outstanding, the fabric is outstanding, and it still has the original belt. I love the gold ring zipper pull too. There are also gold buttons at the sleeve cuffs, swoon. I saw it one day on the weekend, this place is not close to my house, and I didn't buy it, i have no idea why. and then i just obsessed about it for the whole next week, worrying myself sick that someone would take it. I ended up calling the store and asking them to hold it for me until i could come back. LOL. thank god.

Dress - Finder's Keepers
Wedges - Target

No comments:

Post a Comment