Monday, October 22, 2012

Casting Call for Styles in the City 2012!!!

I was invited to the Casting Call for models for the **STYLES IN THE CITY** Conference/ Event at the Westin Southfield Nov. 3 & 4 (website here) (facebook page for event)
Oh my goodness, the advertising shots for the Conference are GORGEOUS!! I must find out who the photographer is, such beauty. 
We were required to come to the casting in a tank-top, skinny jeans, and 5-6 inch heels (child's play) so here's what I wore. I thought the nude tank was a good choice, since i am usually very very tank-o-phobic, i really don't know why. It could have something to do with both of my shoulders being hacked apart and put back together 10 times total. So my upper arms and shoulders are kind of like a patchwork of ripply scars. But I'm probably the only one who notices that. And since I don't talk badly about my body I put that tank top on and never stopped smiling until I took it off. *So There*

Minimal makeup was also required. LOL. It was hard for me not to slap the cosmetics on, because you know i love it. So I just stuck to a tinted SPF with a bit of luminosity mixed in, some bronzer and a flick of mascara. oh and a little flick of gloss.

The casting was at the Westin Southfield where the Styles in the City event will take place, they had this *awesome* fountain sculpture thingy that I was just in love with. I seriously just wanted to lay in that bowl part and have a martini, now THAT would be a great photograph. LOL. Maybe next time.

Interesting angles and architecture always catches my eye, lots of lovely shadows, absolutely gorgeous. Late afternoon light, being my favorite, lit these objects until they came alive and danced for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment